MR2 Spyder

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The MR2's automatic was a sequential shifter. forward for one gear change up, backward for one down. It's still an automatic, but there is no vacuum or computer assistance to do it for you.

Torque convertor, bands and planetaries are still in play.

This is NOT SMG. It's not VW Semi-Auto, it's closer to tiptronic-style transmissions, only it's somewhat neater.

It's rock solid and it works.

I'm too stoopit to understand the techneekal.

Oh dear god steve, please just shut the hell up. I wasn't insulting you I was saying that its really just a piece of junk and the standard manual transmission in the car is far greater than the slush-shit-box that comes with paddles.

An MR2 would be a fun car to have. I've briefly looked at them a few times, but I really need my cargo space.

The MR2's automatic was a sequential shifter. forward for one gear change up, backward for one down. It's still an automatic, but there is no vacuum or computer assistance to do it for you.

Torque convertor, bands and planetaries are still in play.

This is NOT SMG. It's not VW Semi-Auto, it's closer to tiptronic-style transmissions, only it's somewhat neater.

It's rock solid and it works.

I'm too stoopit to understand the techneekal.

It felt exactly like a tiptronic. It shifted like an automatic, because the gear changes wern't that quick when you tap the paddle.

Oh dear god steve, please just shut the hell up. I wasn't insulting you I was saying that its really just a piece of junk and the standard manual transmission in the car is far greater than the slush-shit-box that comes with paddles.

Sorry man, I get attacked all day from all sides. I get defensive.

Back