Multiport Fuel Injection Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jonathan116

I'M CHANGING A DX CRX TO A MULTIPORT FUEL INJECTION AND I HAVE A 1991 CIVIC HATCH WITH MUTLIPORT ALREADY. THE QUESTION IS CAN I USE THE WIRING HARNESS FROM THE CIVIC IN MY CRX SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER HARNESS? :confused:

I believe you can use that harness in the engine compartment but you will have to make changes to the wiring at the ecu. I would not try to swap the wiring inside the car as it would not be worth the time.
Just get the directions for the mpfi swap and follow those. You do not need to buy another harness since you have the one from the 91. Make your wiring changes and solder the connnections. It sounds harder to do than it is.

This is the guide I used when I did my MPFI swap.

FourthGenHatch

But it is pretty much the way Jeef said. Your best bet is to always modify the excisting harness. Trying to introduce a whole new harness is creating alot more work for your self. If you have any other questions there are quit a few people on here that can help. Good luck!

Back