Musicians

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
i'been playing guitar since i was about 14 or 15 i'd say... never really got good at it.. play once every other month at best lately... no time.

axe= gibson les paul studio, wine red with gold trim- bad ass.
backup = 60's reissue jap strat plays like shit, sounds like shit, and lost all hope in fender because of it
amp= carvin 2x12 solidstate
effects- pod 2.0, wah, and a couple boss and dod flangers and stuff...

currently, tuned down to A on 11-50s :)
playing tap root owns

ive been playing drums for about 15+ years too. my biggest influence is Neil Peart of Rush. i play rock. sublime, blink 182, metallica, van halen, creed, foo fighters, motley crue, nirvana..stuff like that. i can also play jazz and whatever else there is out there. i was in a couple of rock bands. we played some local clubs around the LA area & riverside. it was fun!

A frustrated musician here. In high school, played flute, some violin and piano. After college, tried the rock band thing on bass and guitar. Still have all my equipment except a bass guitar. I'd like to get back into it.

Been playing the piano/keyboard on my own for about 10 years. Never took lessons, and I can't read music well, but I can play on my own decently. :)

been playin drums for 12 years, since i was 5. i play mostly metal/hardcore shit, stuff between Candiria and Tool. got a 5pc Premier Artist Birch kit, Zildjians, and Tama hardware. biggest influence? Bonzo. if you don't know who Bonzo is, you don't deserve to call yourself a musician.

played guitar for around 2 years, same style of music.

messed around with bass for around the same time. i can also play piano, and i DJ.

so yeah.

I've been playing guitar for almost seven years now. Joe Satrian i is probably my biggest influence, followed by Kirk Hammett and Kenny Wayne Shepherd. They are fuckin nuts! :worthy:

I've played drums for a couple years and i can play pretty decently but my legs get tired when using double bass after a while. I can play bass, too, but not any of the wicked slap/tap stuff that Stu Hamm and Les Claypool fuck with.

I just write music (as in lyrics)... can't play instruments though I've never tried... maybe I should!

Ive played the drums for almost 10 yrs. I havent played the 10 yrs solid. I took about a 4 yr break a year ago to learn the guitar. I played in a couple of rock band with guitar. however, I realized that nothing will compare to my first love, drums! :D

I own a PRS CE-22 with Royal Blue Flamed Maple top, Dragon II,etc, Line 6 AX2 amp, Taylor acoustic.

I have a Pacific CX Series 5 pc. kit. (i play a 4 though) It is actually made by DW. They have 8 ply all Maple shells and nice bearing edges. I would highly recommend it to any of you guys that are looking for a nice mid-level kit. AA and AAX sabians.

Play anything from mainstream rock to jazz.

civicious, you have a nice kit! Premier make some nice stuff.

im a pretty good snare drummer (took lessons from a spirit of america snare lead) and i can rock out on a set to a few songs.... sublime ones mostly though. :D

I also have played drums for 16 + years. Everything from jazz to metal. Currently I play in a Socal Punk band called Surf the Black. If anyone is interested, or web site is surftheblack.com. Check it out. I've done the whole LA club scene and toured with other bands around the country while I was in my early 20s. I play Tama Drums, Pork Pie snare, Sabian cymbals, Promark sticks and Tams Iron Cobra Pedals. I dabble in guitar and bass, but drums are my love.(right behind my cars)

Been playing guitar for, shit...a long ass time. first song I learned was "Master of Puppets". Been in a couple bands, one toured most of the US once, and around the south a few times, the others pretty much were just projects. Can't read music, have no ear for tone, and live on off beats, but it works for hardcore, and punk, so fuck it. Also picked up bas and drums along the way.

I play AT the guitar, been messing around with it for a few years now...

can't read music, so if it isn't tab I have to learn by ear...

I have an ovation celebrity, and a cheap telecaster..

never been in a BAND, but a few of us get together and play every once in a while

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 21 2003, 10:40 AM
In high school, played flute,

"One time... at band camp..." *grin* Sorry... I'm surprised nobody said this before me. :p Anyway...

I've been playing piano for the past, uhm... 14 years or so. Took lessons for seven, then just completely stopped when I discovered guitar. Since then, I've picked up bass, drums, harmonica, and singing.

Equpiment:
Guitars: '94 Washburn Dimebag Darrell 333 (dime slime), Peavy Bandit 112, DOD MetalX pedal, '61 Goya 12 string acoustic, '73 Ovation elec/ acou fiberglass roundback, and some Hohner POS harmonica. :p

Style of playing:
I never took a lesson on guitar, but my style could best be described as older Metallica meets Stevie Ray Vaughn- fast and technical with lots of texture and melodies, and the ability to knock your nuts up into your throat. Musical influences include: older Metallica, Iced Earth, Slayer, Karma to Burn, Leo Kotke, Elvis Presley, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Muddy Waters, BB King, and pretty much any old classical/ orchestral music. I have some MP3s up here: http://thenew.gamesbbs.com/~vassago/music.html but they were recorded about four years ago, and don't have the means to record new stuff any more. Since then, I've gotten a little better. ;)

i was backup bass player for my brothers straight edge hardcore band for a while.

they broke up a few months after there first cd came out though :(

Actually all of the music on our site isn't me playing. I was there old drummer(nothing special) and the quality does suck. We have a new album that blows that shit away. That is about 3 1/2 years old. I'm actualy setting up my server this weekend. I'll give you guys a sample of what we do now. Our album goes into duplication new Tuesday much better.

Danny Carey ROCKS. That guys timing is amazing if only...

i play bass and a little acoustic, ive played for garage bands and church praise bands, i jam right now and were recording some stuff.

I've been playing piano for 20 years now as soon as I fell out mommy I started banging on the piano

Right now my setup is a Yamaha Keyboard, "have 2 of them" Proteus 2000 few mixers and an external controll box for midi, 8 1/4" jacks and a digi port

I also have 5 guitars, a few brass items, Violin, and some other goodies

heres something I put together in like 20-30 mins if I remember right

... just a demo

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jeffie7/edrum.mp3

right click and do save as

Back