My 79 1200

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Any weekend updates on my favorite Turd Polishing thread?

moved the running lights to the grill to fill some empty space and in turn opening up the air ducts in the bumper , I like it better
1979510_10153987128285076_86688968887439881_n.jpg

got the idea from the jackson racing 1g civic
body9.jpg

Looks ok, get some black grill in there and it'll look even better.

This is going to sound stupid (big suprise) but im going to buy 1 inch thick honeycomb plastic mesh off fleabay and trim it to fit inside the grill, I think it will look nice

Should be fine and it will look much better. Have you fixed that clusterfuck of a tail pipe yet?

Should be fine and it will look much better. Have you fixed that clusterfuck of a tail pipe yet?
honestly, no lol im still deciding what I want to do muffler wise, any imput ? im honestly not digging how extremely quiet the oe replacement muffler is

Last edited:
it will be done this week mark my word lol heres my inspiration , heres pretty much what I want to swap into the civic, except a d16a6 or dohc zc with bike carbs like my 4age hatch was, with a 88-91 si/zc cable trans
singlecammerjammerHighcompallmotorD16_zpsf00b506a.jpg

Source a muffler off a newer Si. They look decent and would give better sound while not being overly obnoxious.

The lights look way better in the grille. Unless they're sticking way out. Can't tell in the pic.

I can source a later year si muffler for sure, also the running lights are flush with the grill, it literally was easy I just flipped over the mounting brackets from the bumper mounted them to the top side of the inside of the bumper (got the info from first gen honda forum honestly) random zaxbys shot I took ealier next to a semi clean 90 crx
603638_10153991835955076_9119874883228725770_n.jpg

I can source a later year si muffler for sure, also the running lights are flush with the grill, it literally was easy I just flipped over the mounting brackets from the bumper mounted them to the top side of the inside of the bumper (got the info from first gen honda forum honestly) random zaxbys shot I took ealier next to a semi clean 90 crx
603638_10153991835955076_9119874883228725770_n.jpg
Needs more angle.

Also you keep a can around to put on the gas on rainy days?

its a 70, its my bosses, we did a front disk conversion, drop spindles , lowering springs, summit racing stage 2 intake, voodoo cam, holly 750, and dual electric fan setup all , boss blew all his tax money on it, im glad that I got to be a part of it

i can make another thread for it if interested ? ive got tons of pics of it , first start up vid, pics of the drum to disk and lowering spindles and shocks yada yada

lol about that, its originally a 350 truck,badged 350 on fenders, boss bought it under the impression it was the original 350, come to find out , after I ran the block vin before ordering parts, that its a 305 out of a 85 model pickup, its still a stout motor , revs quick

I was going to put 305 in my guess - should have!

Back