My 79 1200

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Even though we hate him the amount of attention he drives to his threads is NUTS. Most of the time I can't even get people to look at my threads much less post in them.

I'll admit, I'm curious to see what happens to this car.

At this point, I have no idea what to expect.

plans for car, drive it till tax time, buy back the dual cam zc crx from my brother (can get it back for $1000) , park the 79 in my garage, tax time, buy somthing nice, then use gen 1 crx as donor car for dual cam zc, and obd0 harness and electronics to drop in the 79

Classic car with orginal engine. Yeah let's swap it for the worst swapping motor honda has because it's cheap.

3820763482_GreatIdea_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

plans for car, drive it till tax time, buy back the dual cam zc crx from my brother (can get it back for $1000) , park the 79 in my garage, tax time, buy somthing nice, then use gen 1 crx as donor car for dual cam zc, and obd0 harness and electronics to drop in the 79

So you plan to buy a daily driver while you work on this? Don't buy anything "nice". Just buy something that will get you from A to B. You don't need or deserve nice things...

Yeah if the og engine runs, just run it. My original plan was to rebuild stock, but every single bolt head was snapping off and the rebuild parts for a cvcc engine are hard to find and expensive. You'll regret disabling a perfectly running car to start a project that will cost almost 10 grand and countless man hours. Then when you're done it will have the power to weight ratio of a bone stock 1997 mustang gt. Woe unto thee.

I will post pics of power windows for you CEL, and wait what is wrong with a dual cam zc ? my personal favorate d-series engine, and its a 3rd gen zc and its STUPID healthy , 140hp in a 1500lb car, deff will be fun, and can retain stock axles, and have everything in between the 2 cars to do the swap easily, and retain stock axles, and I now can afford to buy somthing nice while I build the car, and yes its killing a 1st gen crx, that needs more money in destroyed plastics than the car is worth

Back