my a/c is out of commission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludegirl

the air conditioning in my swapped h22 93 prelude doesn't work. I recharged it, but the cold air never comes out. the compressor won't come on and the a/c light also doesn't come on. It's not a fuse. Any other suggestions?

pulled out the a/c fuse, it wasn't blown, but I replaced it n e ways. There was no change. I checked them all jic.

Okay, I had to ask. My a/c isn't working in my teg, but the light goes on and it blows air. I'm actually having someone work on it tomorrow night.

Is your a/c system old? Was your compressor making crunchy noises before the system died?

My compressor didn't make a crunchy noise, and I don't think the system is old. I know it is the newer, R-34 system, but beyond that I don't know its age. Also, it does blow air, but the air is no different than the regular air. (i.e. not cold)

The a/c in my teg now works. I had tried to recharge it with one of those cans of refrigerant from an auto parts store, but it didn't work. So the other night, I took it to my Honda dealership mechanic that is allowed to work on his own jobs afterhours... he recharged my system and also put some dye in. So far the a/c is working and there are no apparent leaks. An oil change, an alignment, and the a/c system recharge only cost me $50. That can from AutoZone cost me $20. Next time around, I will just take it directly to my mechanic.

So my thought is that you should just take your car in to be professionally recharged. Call around to several different garages to see how much they charge ahead of time.

could be a pressure switch. Looks like a little plug on the AC hardline with 2 wires going to it. There's one on the low pressure side, and another on the high pressure. Try removing the plug and jumping the terminals (on the harness, not the switch) with a small peice of wire, if your compressor kicks on you've found the problem. Most likely its the low pressure side.

Back