My Car wont start.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper88

My mom thinks i'm cool
I have a 88 hatch with a b16a and just last week it wouldn't turn over(or should i say it wouldn't stay on). I've check the fuel and spark and its all there. The motor will turn over if i keep the starter on. But after i let go of the key and it just dies. Not sure if it has to do with ignition or injectors.I'm not sure how to check if the injectors or the ignition are bad. I need some help to check things off the list to diagnose the problem. Thank you for your time

could be a distributor problem, could be a bad fuel pump, imo i'd check the ignition coil inside the dizzy. if it is shot that bitch will never start. it could be a number of things, try these and get back to us!

I've replaced the cap and rotor and put a new fuel filter in. I've taken off the pressure screw on the filter and cranked it over and fuel started flowing. I've check for spark by taking one out and turning it over to see if it will spark off the head and it does. Even if its getting fuel and spark could the ignition coil go bad or be bad? My dad thinks it had something to with the ignition. So i'm thinking it may be that ignition coil.

the ignition coil should be before the spark plug.. so if your getting spark at the plug then your coil should be working

Well i figured it out, it had to do with ignition but not the coil. It was the idnition switch itself. It was warn pretty bad. It was getting spark so that did mean that the coil was fine but when i turn the key on and then let it go into run it would hit a bad conection and turn off. So i just got another one out of another hatch and i've no problem since. Thanks for your help guys.

Back