My computer crapped on me.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I worked at that level for years. Only recently did I get the new 3.4 machine. It has two video cards: a GX200 Matrox quad PCI card, and a yet-unfilled PCI express riser. 5 displays all together on 2 gigs main ram, 1 gig/4 video and for what... $200 I could get a 256 GF4 card ?

And I have YET to play a video game on it. Humph. I need 4 more monitors now.

Ya know... I used to CONSTANTLY build my own PC's, and build them for other people...

But for the price of a dell.. fuckit.. i'm buyin myself a dell..

base price over a year ago for my laptor was 1200 but i upgraded to almost 2 grand, then added a whole bunch more to it. But i like how it is under warrenty, so ifmy heat sync goes up in it, it is free. Or my motherboard ever takes a crap on me... it is free :) 4 year full warrenty for me, and at that time it was 500 bucks :cry:

ive got lappies for sale in the FS subforum.

I just upgraded my machine, and it's WAY fast. Of course this is on a fresh XP Pro install too.

Went from a Athlon XP 2500+ to an Athlon 64 3700+ (going to overclock by 200mhz to 4k+ speed)

Went from an ATI 9800XT to an Nvidia GeForce 7800GT

Call of Duty 2. 4XAA, 4XAF. 1280x1024. Good. God.

Quoted post[/post]]
dells suck, thats why they are cheap.

dumping out the registry once a month is kinda overkill IMO

Well whatever. I've had mine for 2 and a half years without a problem.

I will say that the mouses and keyboards suck. But the tower, components and monitor... no problems.

windows...run... msconfig

anything that doesn't like familiar to you in the 'startup' tab, delete it. that's all i can say.

It's not slow at the Windows screen, its at the crappy EMachines boot up portion.

I installed XP Pro and it's much nicer to use, but still has the same problem. Ehh, i'll deal with it, it's nothing serious.

A computer is a computer.. Who cares the brand on the out side.. it is the internals that count. A Dell computer running windows is going to crash and have to be reloaded just as much as a Sony.

when you reformatted did you load the e-machine stuff back on?

Yup...

I'd burn XP to a disc, but this was the same computer with the same options and the burner took a shit on this one too.

I'll have to see if I can repair this burner or get a new one.

Finally got the burner to work..

Burned XP to a disc and now..

Time to burn some music.

and Porsche Unleashed, I love that game.

Our Emachines comp has had no trouble for 3 years ...
I reformatted once just to have a clean install of XPpro.
But my mouse ports fried up, so i have to use USB/ps2 adapters for my mouse/keyboard.
$450 for 3 years of service is not bad imo

I don't think I even paid 450 for mine and I bought ot on 1999.

The burner crapped, it was under warranty. It kept on crapping, I said fuck it and didn't use it. I putXP on it when it first came out and it was great, then I reformatted and lost the disc when I moved.

I upgraded to the measely 256 RAM a couple years ago, I got it for free, I never spent more then the purchase price. Now I fixed the burner, have XP and it's running pretty good.

For the price it was well worth 6 years of service.

I am selling a poweredge tower.

2.8ghz p4 with hyper threading
40 gig hd.
Its 1 year old.

300 or best offer.

Its a fast complete machine.

check the bios screen to see if you have quick boot enabled
that makes a world of difference

then like everyone else said run msconfig and uncheck anything that doesnt NEED to start up with the computer
copy and paste the list here if you are not sure

Back