My EF is running supper rough.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoostedHatch

get tha fuck out!
My EF is running super rough.

ok all of yall might say its the distributer but i replaced it the only way i can explain it is by saying it cranks up fine and idles fine but when you try to drive it it sounds like its running on 2 cylinders can any of yall tell me what the problem could be? the motor is a d15b7 with nothing done to it at all.

Last edited:
mine did that,,i replaced the wires and it was fine,,so what you need to do is check if your getting spark through the wires

im just using that as a expression it actually sounds like it is overloading with fuel and almost sounds like a bad ignition coil but im not shur.

im just using that as a expression it actually sounds like it is overloading with fuel and almost sounds like a bad ignition coil but im not shur.
if it was dumping fuel you would smell it,if it was a bad ignition coil,then the dizzy you bought was bad,,,so again,check to see that your getting sprak from the plugwires,if not check to see that your getting spark from the dizzy,if your getting spark through the dizzy but not through the wires then replace the wires,

well my car does run very rich all the time and i replaced the plug wires and i put a new cap and rotor on the dizzy already and i am getting spark im think it could just be my ecu.

my car didnt have a 02 sensor. everything on my car is converted to obd1 except the dizzy harness.

my car didnt have a 02 sensor. everything on my car is converted to obd1 except the dizzy harness.

Well there is your problem. You need an O2 sensor or the car will never run right. And are you using an OBD0 or OBDI dist?

Last edited:
i know but my stock header doesnt even have a 02 senrsor hole or nothing and i bout the car for 500 bucks and it ran good when i bought it and a month later it started running like shit.

If its not on the manifold, its behind the motor on the down pipe, right before the cat. And again are you running an OBD0 or OBDI dizzy, how do you know its been converted to OBDI?

lol im running a obdo dizzy and i had my friend look at the car he works at honda he dont even know whats wrong with the car he said it could be my fuel regulator but im not shur.

Well if your running an OBD0 dizzy on an OBDI ECU, that is going to cause problems, you say you just replaced the dizzy, did you replace plugs and wires too? And also try to clean your O2 sensor out with some brake cleaner, wire brush and an air hose. They get carbon built up on them and dont work right after awhile, also I doubt its the FPR.

yea i think im jut gonna buy a b16a off hmotorsonline the complete changover so i wont have to worry bout this shit anymore.

They arent that much, and a used one isnt going to work.

Back