My LS EK Project (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Matts96HB

VIP
My LS came in last night. Its going into my 96 hatch. I got the SiR tranny with it. Anyway, here's some pics. I got it from http://www.jdm-online.com/
Very clean, and they were very helpful.

And this is the car that its going into...

I have a question. This is an obd2 motor, so will i need to change ECU's or can I just drop it in, plug it in and go?

Anyway I plan on turboing it, and later on building it, possibly throwing a gsr head on it.

I got the ECU from them last night, its a P75, stock teg ecu.
Should I even bother switching out the P2E for the P75?

Ok thanks. Yea I figured it would probably work better with the harness/motor/ecu all being from the same car. Thx.

I really like this LS motor.. I started cleaning it (not much to clean) and I took the oil pan off to take a look, replaced the gasket, then took the valve cover off and took a look there, everything looks virtually brand new.. the valvetrain is still a really silvery color.. i heard thats a common characteristic of a high mileage engine, the valvetrain turns bronzish from the oil.

nice, I planned to do the same swap into my EK, so what tranny did u use exactly, and how is the install going to be, I thought that the stock ls tranny was manual and the EK had hydrolic stuff

The tranny is an SiRII tranny, so its a b16 transmission. My car was a manual before, so all i have to do for the tranny to work is change shift linkages, which i have already got the other linkage.

The stock LS tranny has HORRIBLE gearing is what im told, so i asked for the other transmission.

Back