my never ending project civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec_me

so i picked up this car without a trans, body is in ok condition, just funny looking paint job. this is my 3rd civic its got some stuff done to it not much

Photo0346.jpg

heres the beast well not really i don't know what motor it is does anyone? ;)
Photo0345.jpg

installed some ek side skirts before dropping it off at the paint shop. :D
Photo0353.jpg

Photo0354.jpg

ill update with new pics when i get the car back from paint shop

Last edited:
Not a bad car from what it looks like. The engine is a DOHC VTEC engine of some kind, either a b16a (SIR), b18c1 (94+ GSR) or a b18c5 (TYPE R).... or a b17a (92-93 GSR).

Check the stamp on the engine, it will tell you.

Not a bad car from what it looks like. The engine is a DOHC VTEC engine of some kind, either a b16a (SIR), b18c1 (94+ GSR) or a b18c5 (TYPE R).... or a b17a (92-93 GSR).

Check the stamp on the engine, it will tell you.

lol, I'm guessing he was being sarcastic if he's doing a swap ;)

I would hope thats an ITR motor. Thats gonna be a fun little car. I dont like the paint, but hey, to each their own.

well, thats a b16 intake manifold.. so i'm guessing and SiRII motor

edit* after looking at that manifold some more, its not an sir2.. it looks more like the b16a2 manifold

Guessing thats a B16a judging by the intake mani.

Maybe just a diff valve cover? :shrug2:

its just a b16a2 with a typer wanna be valve cover or might even be a real one idk...... ohh and not to mention the typer camshafts and valve springs and some other things its a fun lil car to drive definately quicker than my suby. i need to update with new pics i just got it back from the paint shop

Last edited:
So clean! Good work! Throw some nice rims on that puppy! :D

Black. Because chips suck. And your girlfriend/wife is guaranteed to rake it over a parking block/curb at some point. Its inevitable.

Back