My new car (Thread now, pics later)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honestly....

It looks like you found a car to just restore and park....

if your going to do what you want to do to it, the value will just decrease and it will only be valuable to you and you only...just like me and my Z....who's going to actually offer me any money for my Z once they know what I've done to it or with it....nobody.

Just restore it, keep it, and don't drive it except to shows and you'll have something in a few years that is worth something. Remember your Celica, it was worth something once, but the natuaral elements took that value away from you right under your nose...and where did it go?

If you want to play...play around with something thats worthless or past it's limits for being worth something. Again...look at my Z...I took something that could have been mint, and I beat on it and beat on it, and now it's not even the same as when we bought it....it's still cool, but now it's been bastardized to the point to where other Z owners shun me for what I do or did to it.

Argh. Everyone is telling me to do this. I wanted to drive it.

I mean people drive $25,000 cars routinely. What's the car going to be worth in the future ? mint ? $8000 ?

There are 240SXs that are beaten on that are worth that.

I do understand what people are saying... especially when they see it and how special it is - but there are about 2000 of these things left, and that's quite a bit.

If this car was worth, or had the possibility of being worth, $25k or more then sure, I would restore it and let it go to someone who would appreciate it as a collector piece.

I just want the feeling of an old car before it's too late and gasoline costs $4 a gallon, or safety laws remove it from the road.

Why you purchased it in the first place I have no idea... Its still a vega...

Drive the damn thing. My buddy buys Shelby Turbo Dodges... He has owned 3 CSX-T's (999 Ever Made), and has chopped 2 of them up into pieces (Literally). He gets shunned all day long for killing those cars, as there can't be more than 500 of them left... But they aren't worth anything really because well... Its like that vega... Sure its a Cosworth... But its still a vega... My buddy's cars were (Are) Shelbys... But they are still dodge shadows.

lol...scrapin makes a point...i just like the vega...probably cause of my dad though.

Well yeah, the only "Vega" thing about the car is that the body's rust prevention is no good. If I leave this car alone for 2 years it will prolly so rusted that it'll be unusable.

Other than that, all the shit that people talk about Vegas simply doesn't apply. And the people I talk to on the streets don't seem to get this.

"Oh yeah.. a Vega. I had one of those. How many miles ?"
"about 25,000"
"Oh, the engine will die soon"
"No, this is a Cosworth Vega"
"Yeah, Cosworth. My dad had one and he put a V8 in it"
"Why would he do that?"
"Because the 4 cylinder that came in it sucked"
"This is a Cosworth. Not a regular Vega"
"Yeah yeah... shitty motor. You'll want to put a V8 in it"

No one seems to get it.

lol click on my article ctrl+f and type in vega.
IT talks about the shitty cosworth engine.

i had the chance to see the car in person this weekend.

it is in REALLY REALLY great shape. the body is very nice, and the interior really is mint.

Where do you come off saying that the Cosworth sucks ? You've never seen one, you have no data and you have no warrant. Sit the hell down and let the men talk.

The car in GIS2 has this motor, with a turbo (Turbo Sierra).

:lolhammer:

Its not the best motor of all time, nor is it famous because its so freakin reliable.. Its not THE GODLY POWERFUL ZOMG PWNZOR!!!!11!!yOne!! motor...

What it is, is a collector's item.

It's a Formula Atlantic engine. Well, de-tuned from the EEA motor, but still. Remove the EGR, reindex the cams and put the lighter flywheel on it, and you're done.

Where do you come off saying that the Cosworth sucks ? You've never seen one, you have no data and you have no warrant. Sit the hell down and let the men talk.

The car in GIS2 has this motor, with a turbo (Turbo Sierra).

Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetheart. :)
Just because its rare, does not mean its desirable.

Hmm... 2 pages of OMG MY CAR IS PIMP, but yet no pics? Don't wanna admit its a vega? :D

This thread is loaded with pics. Lemme make em Scratch-n-sniff cheeseburger and ya'all can find em.

Jealous.

First page, second set of pictures.

With that said, the motor is nothing special. Its outdated technology, regardless of whether or not it was once a detuned version of a motor in a race car. A modern engine is capable of the power output of "race car" motors of the past.

The car is a jack of all trades, master of none. It needs a serious overhaul if its going to be a "performance car" and if thats your goal - ditch it and find something more suitable.

Back