My New Car!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haha, grandma rolling on 17s, that'll be interesting...

From my experience with working on friends hondas, I've noticed that the guys with the rediculously large wheels that are all "bling" usually have bearing and steering issues. 4 out of 5 times it's bearings that went bad from the weight and added size of the wheels. Also, if there's any kind of offset that will kill the bearings too. I'm with the other guys when they say downsize. If you do your shopping you could probably find someone that might want to trade, or you could just sell those wheels and buy some 15s or 16s cheap if you can find a good deal. Of course, I understand, it all depends on actually being able to FIND a good deal, and you need a running car... so concrete blocks probably won't make the best wheel/tire combo for you....

Still waiting for the pics.....^_^

eBay Motors: OEM 2000 Honda Civic SI Wheels Tires Rims GSR LS EX (item 120302102971 end time Sep-11-08 19:00:00 PDT)
$500ish shipped, not the best deal, still a day left.

eBay Motors: Honda Civic Accord Acura Integra CRX Prelude Wheels 15 (item 150292514442 end time Sep-15-08 10:13:34 PDT)
Might keep an eye on these, no tires, but selling low with reasonable shipping so far

eBay Motors: integra OEM wheels rims STOCK GSR special edition 15" (item 180286194834 end time Sep-12-08 10:19:25 PDT)
Cheap, GSR special edition. Not my favorites, but cheap with 2 decent tires.

eBay Motors: 4 x Acura GSR wheels 15"x6J (item 130247992429 end time Sep-17-08 13:19:49 PDT)
Fat 5's, $413.79 shipped, Buy it now, with rubber on 'em. I'll even trade you my honda center caps for the acura caps. Best deal I can find so far.. I like the way the 5's look on rexes.

Or, you could save up $700 and get some rotas with rubber. I still like the slips, and they don't seem to be on every compact car in america anymore.

Also, keep an eye on the "whats new" section over at hmotorsonline.com. I currently see a set of fat 5's without tires for $250+shipping.. Awesome deal. http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/whatsnew.php

Last edited:
Aleaf, I have the same problem as you that started soon when I put 16's on my car. The wider/stiffer tires will grab the road like quite a few people have said. My problem isn't quite as bad as you seem to explain, but I have practically identical symptoms.

I really wish I wasn't in such a rush to get my car on the road so I could've got a stock set of wheels. I'll be searching for something to OEM standards myself and you should too. Besides, those things are ugly as sin lol.

I really don't think they look that bad. They're just too wide. And big. But anyway, I'm not driving it anywhere any time soon. I have to leave for Washington this Thrusday and it's in my mom's boyfriend's garage, tore to pieces. I have to take the head apart....

I really don't think they look that bad. They're just too wide. And big. But anyway, I'm not driving it anywhere any time soon. I have to leave for Washington this Thrusday and it's in my mom's boyfriend's garage, tore to pieces. I have to take the head apart....
headgaskets are fun:D
goodluck and be safe

Yeah right. I would've been done with it by now, except we had a birthday party for my roomie last night. And I have to machine the head....and am not a millionaire, so I have to get to that after Washington. I don't have the time to take apart the whole damn thing.

Already checked the timing belt, it's been replaced along with all the other belts. They're in excellent condition so probably sometime recently. I had already gotten a timing belt lol, before I even tore it up at all. Way ahead of ya since my last timing belt snapped while I was driving. Haven't checked the water pump yet, but I will.

I agree with the replacing the water pump idea, I would also agree with the belts idea but if they still look okay I would leave them. If you already have to have your car torn apart for a while you may when do anything else that needs to be fixed as well. (if there is anything)

Still doesn't disprove my point. Gunmetal is a color that is harder to see. If you had painted it white and lost cop attention, then it would have disproved what I said ;)
i street race all the time and ive passed a few cops just entering the highway they didnt notice me but they notice my red civic more

Back