My new civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EXtremeAccord

Well boys (and girls)! I just got back... got me a '97 Civic EX 2dr. Loving her already. Better than a '91 cord, wouldn't you say? I'll get some batteries for the cam and see if I can't lay out some sexy pics!!

Happiness, thy name is Honda.

Why must every title and comment of yours include some sort of stupid ass geek ebonics? Anyway, congrats.

:withstupid:

congrats, but in the future, how about trying english as the langauge of choice for the titles of your threads :)

4y3 4m s0 s0rr33 4b0ut my y00s3 0f 3b0n1x... Just kiding. I was just super psyched about the new ride. Give it about 6 months and we'll be running low 15's at te track, baby!
Oh, and I'm not paying too much... it's going to come to about 8000 bucks total. It's in excellent condition.

1337 Kermin 4 life.

you = "teh" dousche... your car= decent find. Good luck hitting your goal.

n00b question... Does the D16 Y2 have VTec? Aaaand... how exactly do I tell, looking at the engine, if it has vtec or not? And yes, I realize how dumb I am for asking.

no it wont. btw, you have a d16y8. and yes it is vtec. there is a solenoid near the valve cover, to the left of it and at the top corner, its black. you paid quite a bit. i got my 96 a few years ago for 9000

all depends on mileage and condition.

i paid 10k for my 98 civic ex 4dr this summer and it was worth it. 51k miles and 1 owner, completely stock.

98000 miles, repo'd off the original owner (*wink*), the guy kept good care of it. It doesn't even do the little ticking from the valve chamber that most hondas do after about 75k miles (if I'm not getting lied to by the Midas guys). I'm happy though... I finally got out of that automatic 91 accord. And thanks for the V-tip.

ah, big deal if he over paid - too late for that. Anyways, congrats

Well, money and time are no problem. Our plan is to swap in a USDM Type R... (B16C or B18C??)... full conversion, GReddy turbo kit, (insert top of the line clutch, transmission, shifter here), etc etc. Probably lighten the living hell out of it. So, hopefully, low 15's. I don't care if I have to pay someone else to install the shit, it's going to happen. :D

Back