My new civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord@Nov 17 2004, 06:28 PM
Well, money and time are no problem. Our plan is to swap in a USDM Type R... (B16C or B18C??)... full conversion, GReddy turbo kit, (insert top of the line clutch, transmission, shifter here), etc etc. Probably lighten the living hell out of it. So, hopefully, low 15's. I don't care if I have to pay someone else to install the shit, it's going to happen. :D
[post=418417]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow i hope you were being sarcastic about "hoping" for low 15's.

An ITR swap out of the box gets you in the 14's easy. With a Greddy turbo kit you should be deep into the 13's.

Get a Helms, you'll save money, time and get the gratification of you having done it all yourself!

Just be sure to research, research, research so you don't get disappointed when shit goes bad or you missed a part or something. Good luck homie.

If you are actually going to do this ask questions. because it sounds like you don't know a whole lot and would be one of those kids with more money than brains buying up venom computers and shit.

lol

owned4.gif

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 18 2004, 02:50 AM
A Greddy Kit on the UDSM ITR engine doesnt sound healthy.
[post=418504]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea if your wanting to turbo just swap in a gsr, IMO It's wasting your money boosting a N/A engine..

AIM sn: KingDahn. Email: dahniel8d@hotmail.com.

I would be more than happy to get daily lessons on how to get my vic into 15's or less. Oh... and uh, someone want to come down to Modesto one weekend and teach me how to REALLY drive a stick? 1st gear is still a problem for me.

My bad, forgot K was still logged on when I posted that.
Why am I an asshole? Because 1st gear is difficult? I've owned nothing but auto's my whole life and (working at the dealership) only drive the short-throw Miata's and RX-8s... so I'm not too attuned to a regular shifter. Ooh, another question: What would be the best brand short shifter to buy? I can install that, atleast.

skip the SS mod.....waste of $$.

ITR is fine with boost if tuned nicely, seen it, ridden it, idled fine and made good power.

now, WTF was this topic about
?? :blink:

i put some cheap "type r" ebay short throw on my sol and the gears are ALOT closer, i can shift 1-5th all with my wrist not having to move my arm at all.
prolly one of the best 20 bucks i ever spent

Originally posted by swanny@Nov 17 2004, 05:35 PM
If you are actually going to do this ask questions. because it sounds like you don't know a whole lot and would be one of those kids with more money than brains buying up venom computers and shit.
[post=418482]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah man, he's got as much brains as he does money.

Which is very very little. :D

then his hopes of a boosted c5 are far out of reach then. i remember when i first got into cars, i was like "yeah, i want to bost a h22 blah blah blah" but then i realized that shit gets expensive and complicated.

The "h22" part isn't very expensive at all. It's when you add "boosting" to it.

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord+Nov 15 2004, 09:08 PM-->
Oh, and I'm not paying too much... it's going to come to about 8000 bucks total. It's in excellent condition.
[post=417386]Quoted post[/post]​
EXtremeAccord
@Nov 18 2004, 07:18 PM
Question: In your opinion, what would be the best spent $5000 if you had a 97 Civic EX?
[post=417386]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm so confused here. The Civic EX sedan cost you $8K and you plan to sink another $5K into it? Anyway, private party sales>>>dealership used cars. And why didn't you just find yourself a nice GS-R sedan instead? This guy in Austin last year had a white '98 GS-R sedan that he wanted $8995 for. With a premium stereo and just under 90K miles and well taken care of. But if you were planning a swap, you should have found yourself a cheaper Civic LX sedan.

BTW I've never heard about that 75K mile valve chamber ticking thing that you heard about from the Midas guys. And I would never trust anything said by a Midas, JiffyLube franchise-type service employee. All my Hondas have had high mileage engines and never a valve chamber ticking sound out of them.

No one said sedan.

He doesn't have 5k to put into it, it was a curiosity question.

It's a lot harder to get a loan for a car to buy from a private party than it is to buy from a low quality dealership, especially with horrible credit.

And yeah, right now in our area, there is a 99 GSR for 8k.

I think the ticking that he is talking about is pretty normal. I usually start to hear it right before i am scheduled for a tune up and it goes away afterward. I would be guessing but a good tune up where the adjust the valves would fix it.

lol, there will always be those cars you find out about afer you buy your car. 5000... hmmmm custom turbo on the d16y8.

Back