My New Type R CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol and she happens to know alot more than half the regulars around here..
dacheat is a cool girl

Im sorry about that! That was just a mistake. I didnt mean to neg rep you!

:p it's all good, i was just confused. thought maybe you were mad i didn't know the answer to your question or something.

and as for what injen said - he's too kind - i don't know much technical about swaps, etc, but i've driven a CRX for years and years..so i have that kinda knowledge. the kind that says you have a sweet CRX worth drooling over. ;)

This is my first CRX. Ive never owned a honda that wasnt a 98 and up. I like driving the CRX though, its like a giant go-kart. Working on hondas and racing them is sort of a family affair with my family. This is a car for everyone to drive, my brother and father and I. I have a 98 integra GS-R, my brothers got an LS/Vtec Turbo integra and now weve got this car. And thanks for the nice comments, wait till we get some coilovers and some sprint harts on her! I cant wait to get it to the body shop for paint!

Wow. I forgot all about you guys here at HondaSwap.com and I apologize for that. Here are some pictures of the almost finished project.

She went from this
dscf1248i.jpg

dscf1251b.jpg

dscf1256m.jpg

Heres some pics from a few days after we dropped her off at our buddies paint shop.

DSCF0809.jpg

DSCF0813.jpg

DSCF0807.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

imagejpeg_10.jpg

Here she is after they layed some paint.

P1010024-1.jpg

P1010022-1.jpg

P1010019-1.jpg

CRXinProgressA.jpg

CRXInProgress.jpg

CRXinProgressB.jpg

We also added on a carbon fiber sunroof, Momo Seats and a MoMo wheel and hub.

010810232534.jpg

P1010017-2-1.jpg

And here she is sitting pretty.

P1010003-5-1.jpg

P1010004-5-1.jpg

P1010005-6-1.jpg

Heres an engine bay shot, we had a local shop, LHT Performance make us an intake, 3 inch, aluminum, and K&N filter.

P1010006-6.jpg

Nice job. Now if only you had more hood clearance. I know its necessary but it just kills this cars otherwise clean looks.

Thanks DoubleO. She will eventually get a carbon fiber SiR hood, we dont like the hood popped either. She really only needs a few finishing touches. Thinking about some te37's or some sprintharts, or some advans, something nice. Pretty much the wheels and the hood are the only thing missing. Im gonna throw on a camber kit for front and rear because the wheels really cambered in when we dropped her. But the D2 coils are riding nicely, a little stiff, but still a good ride.

Yea, sprintharts with some lower profile tires would look awesome. Especially if you powdercoated them something a little darker than the car.

Definately some lower profile tires, the wheels on there now are a set my buddy let me borrow until we pick up something proper for her to ride on. And shes also not just a garage queen, shes getting tuned on spray very shortly.

dooooood it looks mad nice. how did it take you to re-do everything and put it back together? motor is sexy

Thanks for the nice comments guys. This project took a few months. The paint and body work only took about a week, more or less, dont remember exactly. The time consuming part was waiting on parts. Ill tell you right now, Full Race, takes forever to ship orders. Were using a Full Race Radiator and were running Full Race Tractions bars, they took about 5-6 weeks. I called and made the order, they told me they had the radiator in stock, but the traction bars are made to order. I pay them, then check order status, see nothing has moved, called them, and they straight lied to me, they didnt have any radiators in stock. Full Race gets a thumbs down from me regarding their customer service. Products were great, service, not so much.

And another little tidbit of info ill leave you guys, Dont bother with the cable to hydro conversion. Either use a ys1 cable tranny, or make an OEM hydraulic set up work on your car. I dont like the way the clutch engages. I think Im going to pick up a Hydro set up from an EG or something and fab it to work in the CRX. I know that will feel much better.

Back