My New Type R CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nice rex dude! cant believe i just saw this thread for the first time. i like the color you went with. if i didnt like integras so much i would have a crx lol. i have always liked them.

i've had 3 CRX's, an EG.. and now only the womans teg is left.. but i will have another CRX in the near future..

Integras and EKs are the only cars I really like Honda wise, but the damn CRXs are soo light. And this being an NA spray car I wanted something a little lighter. If it was another boosted car, it would be an EK or an integra. Theres 2 tegs in the background, the white one is my brothers LS/Vtec turbo and the silver ones mine rocking a jdm gsr.

Last edited:
P1010004-5-1.jpg

P1010005-6-1.jpg

Heres an engine bay shot, we had a local shop, LHT Performance make us an intake, 3 inch, aluminum, and K&N filter.

P1010006-6.jpg
Clean... I like :)

Nice job. Now if only you had more hood clearance. I know its necessary but it just kills this cars otherwise clean looks.

Thanks DoubleO. She will eventually get a carbon fiber SiR hood, we dont like the hood popped either. She really only needs a few finishing touches. Thinking about some te37's or some sprintharts, or some advans, something nice. Pretty much the wheels and the hood are the only thing missing. Im gonna throw on a camber kit for front and rear because the wheels really cambered in when we dropped her. But the D2 coils are riding nicely, a little stiff, but still a good ride.
When I had hood clearance problems in my CRX I added washers between the tranny mount and the tranny, and the passenger side motor mount and the where it actually bolts to the bracket. I used 2 1/4 inch washers so it lowered the motor half an inch. Enough to clear the hood without taking any webbing off and I still had an ok amount of ground clearance :) Maybe you can try this method for now...

Lol, Thanks Clint

And yeah, he PM'd me :)

Clean ride for sure. I definitely like the paint too. I am not good with colors but I see a green tint to the gray paint? What ever I see....it looks good.:thumbsup:

I love the swap most of all! Sick motor. Would love to have one like it in my hatch. Have you thought about a lighter stainless steel header?

Rep'd
:thumbsup:

Again, thank you guys for the nice comments. The paint color is granite grey metallic. I liked the color, its a similar color to my buddys Evo9 MR. There is a nice flake in the paint, ill take some better pictures int he next few days and you guys can really see her pop. As for now, ill probably leave the stock header for a while. Im really trying to get it tuned so we can get some runs for her.

Last edited:
^Will do man. Im waiting for my check to be direct deposited right now to see if I have enough left over to play with. And happy belated birthday! lol Theres a kid locally with some Advan RG2s with brand new tires I was interested in as well. Well see how stuff works out.

^Will do man. Im waiting for my check to be direct deposited right now to see if I have enough left over to play with. And happy belated birthday! lol Theres a kid locally with some Advan RG2s with brand new tires I was interested in as well. Well see how stuff works out.
Ok sounds good. I'm gonna PM you real quick...

nom nom nom nom!!! your rex is like candy! love it. :eek:

.. but i will have another CRX in the near future..

:thumbsup:

When I had hood clearance problems in my CRX I added washers between the tranny mount and the tranny, and the passenger side motor mount and the where it actually bolts to the bracket. I used 2 1/4 inch washers so it lowered the motor half an inch. Enough to clear the hood without taking any webbing off and I still had an ok amount of ground clearance :) Maybe you can try this method for now...

good to know this!

granite grey metallic is chryslers version of graphite grey metallic ie. mitsubishi.

thats what color my EVO coupe is :)

Back