My PDA Dilemma... Please Help...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

I'm looking into an organizer... Here is my situation...

When I am at work, I am on a mail production floor... Floating from room to room, working on lots of different equipment... When I am working with our new beta software, I find bugs... LOTS OF BUGS... I need to write down EXACT details of what the bug is, what caused it, etc etc... Right now, I write on envelopes... And then when I get a chance to send an email with the issues, I transcript them...

My problem is, that by the end of a week, i have at least 10-20 envelopes laying around, and I have to remember what i submitted and what I didnt... Hence the reason I need a PDA...

Here is my catch... In aug/sept my cell contract is up, and i'll most likely be getting a Treo 650... But I need something to hold me over until then...

I'd like to spend $100-$150... I REALLY love the HP Jornadas, but they dont make them anymore... I dont need anything too fancy, and i'm not a huge fan of the Palm Alphabet... Something simple with a KB would be nice... I ALMOST picked up an el cheapo from walmart for $30... But I couldn't bring myself to do it...

I never should have sold my Apple Newton back in the day... :cry: And I have a bad feeling the Z22 is my only option... :cry:

recommendations?

I got an Hp jornada 820 off of ebay for $90 a while back, its nice probably seeling though
but the 720 ones have a touchscreen and they are smaller and have sterio speakers

if you need something cheap, get an ebay older compaq ipaq. its a little big but it should suffice.

I have an older iPaq that I bought off of ebay... Bought it NIB... Lasted about 4 months, then the screen started glitching, now depending on how i hold it, the screen mirrors...

I did some reading up on the Jornadas, and apparently the touchscreens are problematic, and there is a known problem with the backup batteries...

I think I'm just gonna go spend $99 on the Z22, and suck it up and learn the palm alphabet... I'll need to learn it for the Treo 650 anyways IIRC.

I bit the bullet and bought the Z22, and the Clear Plastic Case for it..

I cant believe I fought the Palm alphabet so long... Took me about 30 minutes to get used to it... Only letter I have a problem with is an A, and I haven't learned all of the symbols yet... But its amazingly easy.

This thing doesn't have alot of thrills, but thats what I wanted. To organize tasks, contacts, and memos... nothing else..

I almost bought the next step up, which was $199, had bluetooth, and MSOffice w/ email on it... I was going to get that, a bluetooth transmitter for the laptop, and forward all email from my laptop to my palm when i'm working on equipment... But that had nothing more than geek factor associated with it.

yeah, the palm alphabet isnt bad at all :wink:

i prefer the palm devices to the CE devices. my ipaq didnt have those problems. i dont even remember which version it was :p

im lovin this thing more and more by the minute... except for the fact everytime i hotsync i tries to download more crap from palm.com.

Back