My Ride (first at that!)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Depends on what you want to do with it. n/a or boost?

On my '00 ex, i've got 16" rims with 205/45's which put me at 23.26 inches diameter. Stock 14" rims and stock 184/65 tires put you at 23.47 inches. Low profile tires really help tire roll in cornering. I recomend running lightweight 16s with low pros.

Rear disc brake conversion is simple enough.

low pros ftw

I don't know much about tires and wheels, but I do know that my yokohama 205/40zr-17 tires get awesome grip and I never have trouble with any kind of driving including cornering. Not sure what actual yokohama tire it is but the name starts with an E.

it comes down to more than just the weight, the size also matters it harder to spin big rims no matter what the weight

i get on the subject of motors and builds with peeps at work. price always comes up first. no matter who it is that is talking about their ride, they're always a dodge, chevy or ford guy, with all this money (But where is it when my 4cyl rapes you). so i start a conversation and i say i have over 11 g's in my honda motor pushing 500hp plus. they always say and i mean ALWAYS say, chromed out, nitrous equipped, riced out peece o sh1t. Im saying, normal dude (me) like light car (honda) with turbo (giggity) and No body kit (WHAT) Or bling (YEAH). I loved the look on peoples face when my honda pulls away. yea.

Depends on what you want to do with it. n/a or boost?

On my '00 ex, i've got 16" rims with 205/45's which put me at 23.26 inches diameter. Stock 14" rims and stock 184/65 tires put you at 23.47 inches. Low profile tires really help tire roll in cornering. I recomend running lightweight 16s with low pros.

Rear disc brake conversion is simple enough.

blanco doesnt my ride come with all wheel disc brakes as it is stock? or does he mean to get new shit all together, (oh damn they are drum in the back...)EDIT*

Last edited:
lol ya fo sho. ex's come with drums. i just switched mine out

i get on the subject of motors and builds with peeps at work. price always comes up first. no matter who it is that is talking about their ride, they're always a dodge, chevy or ford guy, with all this money (But where is it when my 4cyl rapes you). so i start a conversation and i say i have over 11 g's in my honda motor pushing 500hp plus. they always say and i mean ALWAYS say, chromed out, nitrous equipped, riced out peece o sh1t. Im saying, normal dude (me) like light car (honda) with turbo (giggity) and No body kit (WHAT) Or bling (YEAH). I loved the look on peoples face when my honda pulls away. yea.

Must be sweet. I get the opposite at work, I'm working with ricers. So when I tell them about the 4 g's I've invested into my Civic (engine, tranny, ecu, intake, exhaust, header, coilovers, etc.) they always say "daaaamn your car is fast as fuck dude" when they don't even realize that their cars are faster. 2 of them drive datsun 280 zx's '81 model, I've driven them and they are faster but they don't know how to drive so I beat them in our last race, we're gonna do it again some time soon cause now they think they can beat me.

blanco doesnt my ride come with all wheel disc brakes as it is stock? or does he mean to get new shit all together, (oh damn they are drum in the back...)EDIT*

Like Blanco says, the rear disc swap is easy. All you need is the trailing arms, upper control arms, discs, and calipers from a 94'-01' Integra, and the parking brake cable from a 99'-00' Civic Si.

it could even be less. you can swap the spindle and wheel bearing on your current rear trailing arms. you still need the parking brake cables from the Si tho.

any Nissin caliper stamped 7CLP13S will work, along with matching wheel assembly

I actually get that a lot when I mention the current position of the CRX. "Dude you're shit whipped real hard, I remember that shit!"
But then again, they were walking all the time, a lot of people around here don't drive for whatever reason.
So yeah. A whopping 98 whp definitely moves pretty well, especially if you're used to walking.

also you dont know what you're talking about its a d16y8 sohc vtec do some research... i think me and blanco have covered this....

The ex models came with a d16z6 in the earlier years which is pretty much exactly the same as the d16y8. I know that it is a sohc vtec. bro. I have the d16y8 in my DX with the guages that redline at 6600. I know my motor is a d16y8 because I swapped that thing in myself! But thanks for that.

Last edited:
The ex models came with a d16z6 in the earlier years which is pretty much exactly the same as the d16y8. I know that it is a sohc vtec. bro. I have the d16y8 in my DX with the guages that redline at 6600. I know my motor is a d16y8 because I swapped that thing in myself! But thanks for that.

His is Canadian

Back