My RS*R Exmag Review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think ill pass. Me and sun light dont get along too well, and if i move to corpus, id want to go to the beach.

Apexi WS pwns. My ceramic coated DC header rusted before the WS2. The WS2 is quiet enough to where no one will be bothered... and its cheaper.. and MORE BADASS

riiiiiiggggghhhhhhtttttttttt......

is the WS quiet? yeah its pretty quiet... still not close to the RS*R
is the WS cheaper? sure... by about $50-100 depending where you look... not really a huge deal
is the WS lighter? no
does the WS look better? its an oppinion really... to me, no... it looks like every other big shiny exhaust... not as bad as some, but the RS*R looks damn near stock :thumbsup:
9701_prelude_side_2.jpg

Here are a few pics

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

and a few extras

The first ever pics of my hatch posted on HS (because I am a lazy ass)

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

The last owner, thought it would be cool to "shave" his side moldings, so he covered the ENTIRE thing in bondo. Here is kinda like a before and after.
Picture013.jpg

I decided one day to get rid of it. So I went out there with a paint stripping wheel drill bit and grinded it down. I am slowly doing this and have only done the one side so far. Once down to the metal, I primered it, then threw a coat of chalk board paint on top. This paint repels water unlike the primer that the orginal owner used to paint the car flat black with. It also is alot smoother. I will slowly paint the rest of my car like this. Some time next week, I will be removing the bondo on the other side's molding area.

:thumbsup: Right on! The exhaust looks nice installed, looks like it fits nicely. How do you like it and are you happy with the sound?

Originally posted by jdmeg6@Jul 19 2005, 03:36 PM
:thumbsup: Right on! The exhaust looks nice installed, looks like it fits nicely. How do you like it and are you happy with the sound?
[post=528577]Quoted post[/post]​

Read the first post that of this thread. It fit great, I can shake either the muffler of any pipe on the car, and it will not hit anything, incuding the swaybar, exhaust tunnel, shift linkages. For the sound, going down the road, there is none. I finally drove with it on the highway about a week ago, and i love it. No droan (and now I DO have the sound deading out) and when you step on it, it sounds almost like an intake. About a week and a half ago, I had my car completly stripped on the inside, and even then there wasn't much noise. Louder then stock, since there was no seat, carpet, ect to dampen the sound, but it was still quieter then my GSR exhaust with no cat on my del sol, and 10x quieter then my thermal exhaust on del Sol.

good story. this just sealed it, i need to replace my thermal on my car, its just too damn loud. i drive it everyday, long trips, to and from school and the droan has finally gotten to me. ive been considering this for a while, and now ive decided im getin a rsr. lol thanks.

Yea defently go for it. On my eg, I swear on the highway, the only thing I hear is road noise from my tires. I love the exhaust.

I noticed in the pics that you don't have any of your heat shields on any more... did those come off before, do you think those would cause any rattles if they were on?

I had a thermal stealth on my car when I had the d15 still and it was loud as hell, I got rid of it and then when I did my swap I was looking at RSR's but they were still pretty new on the market so I didn't want to spend the money on it at the time

I went with a Bosal Brospeed stainless exhaust and really like it. It is much quiter than the Thermal was with the d15 even without a cat and has not raspiness to it.
you do notice it when you are on the freeway but you don't have to raise your voice to talk over it like the thermal.

the best part was that I got it for under $300 brand new.
so any of you out there that want a good quality exhaust that sounds nice, you should check it out

I can get some pics if any of you want to see what it looks like

Originally posted by seanjuan@Jul 29 2005, 06:41 PM
I noticed in the pics that you don't have any of your heat shields on any more... did those come off before, do you think those would cause any rattles if they were on?

[post=533109]Quoted post[/post]​

Yep thats correct, I don't have any heat sheilds on. Most were removed before I even got the car. Alot of your exhaust rattles come from your heat sheilds. Since I have never had them on with this exhaust, I can not tell you for sure if there would be contact with any of them, however, if they were all on securely (they do come loose and cause alot of rattles) I would think that there would be no heatsheild to pipeing contact since there is alot of room on it.

I still have the exhaust manifold heat shield on, and yes, it rattles.

But that's because I could only get 3 of the 4 screws out to take it off. I haven't really had a chance to find a smaller wratchet to get that last one out.

btw Asmall, I just ordered the RS*R exmag from driftspeed. Since I won't be installing it until early October, I'm in no rush to get it. But 480 shipped was too good of a price to pass up. Thanks for the review and link. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by driverunknown@Aug 15 2005, 11:47 AM
BUmp for us guys waiting on the exhaust. 480 was too cheap to pass up, and I ordered with a cc, so no worries.
[post=540268]Quoted post[/post]​

Ordered on teh 30th, it's the 15th and still no sign of it. I've had my header for two weeks. :)

Patience...

Yeah, i had quite the fun time with mine.. I ordered it thru titan, card was declined (over limit for indiv purchase), and they neve sent me a notice till i emailed them a week later. So i re-ordered it again, and i a week went by (a little more cuz i went to cali) and i emailed them, turns out it was on 2 week back order. so i canceled that. I just ordered it last weds from optionimport and it says, according to the ups tracking number and stuff.... thursday.

i hate ordering online.

but it should be on by this friday and ill have a mini review of the sound and loudness cuz ill be driving 2 hours on the highway on saterday.

Coincidently, I just got an email from Driftspeed saying that it's been transferred to UPS for shipping with an expected arrival date of the 19th. 11 days short of a month. They didn't take long to charge my credit card though... :lol:

DO NOT DEAL WITH DRIFTSPEED .COM

what e-mail address are they using? I still want my money back! they gave me some line of crap about it being on back order from the factory but sure took my money and quit communicating with me.

they THEY LITERALLY ROBBED ME

<_< PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS

That's when you start calling on a daily basis and contact the BBB and police.

Ok heres my scoop on the matter.
I ordered online friday, but my card was declined. They sent me an e-mail today(monday). I replied by asking them for my info for my CC and told them to call me. The guy called me no less than 15 minutes later to tell me that they were about to ship the exhaust , but the cc stuff didn't go through, so I told him to run the cc again, but it didn't work. I told him to hold the exhaust for me till tomorrow as I have another card I can use. So in other words, they are working hard for my business, and stealing from a credit card is pretty serious, so I think visa can handle it for me if push comes to shove. I'm not worried.

Back