my stuff got jacked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

So I got home last night aroun 1:30 from a friends house, and i was tired so i locked up my car and went to bed....well this morning around 10 my mom yells at me to come downstairs, so i go down there and my car doors are hanging wide open.....they fucking stole my $300 sony cd player, my amp, my subs, my cds (over 100 of them that were store bought + countless burned ones), and they stole everything out of my glove box (my registration, insurance card, my wheel lock (which I have no idea where to get another one), and just EVERYTHING) omg im soo pissed...

That's too bad man. THank god they didn't take your car.

that sucks dude :(

anyone know where to get a lug nut key?
i lost mine too

they stole your registration?? wtf?? man that sucks that your car got jacked. id put your car in the garage tonite so they dont steal your rims now that they have your wheel lock.

Fookin sucks. I had my shit broken into a few months ago, they got all my CD's (easily over 100) and my shift knob (???).

As someone else said though, be glad they didn't take your car.

that sucks. thats why ive always had an alarm. one time i neglected to replace the battery in the remote...two weeks went by and my rex got broken into right in my driveway too.

if there standard wheel locks you can get them at a acura\ honda dealership,

alarms don't do shit. they are so easy to bypass its not even funny.

it sucks that your shit got stolen, but just be glad they didn't take the whole car.

here's some info i just read on the dfh list that someone wrote up about how to prevent the theft of your honda....

99.9999% of all the stolen hondas I have seen, purchased, or had
contact with (legitimately via salvage auctions and insurance
companies) had they ignition switched broken off the column and the
actual switch removed from the locking mechanism. They do not "pop
the ignitions" by removing the lock cylinder, but instead just remove
the 2 phillips screws that hold the switch to the lock and then turn
the switch to start the car. They do this because its simple and
fast. The interface between these two mechanism is a definate design
flaw that does nothing to deter theft. So you can easliy take some
steps to slow the thieves down if you reinforce the interface.
Simply taking some lock-tite or superglue and putting it on the
phillips screws would probably stop 75% of all urban theives who do
not have the skills or tools to deal with this unexpected setback
while in your driveway or infront of your house pressed for time.
There is a fair amount of room in there and you could easliy build
something else that would reinforce the interface. 2" of rubber
coating would work too... ;) anything that would prevent them from
easily and quickly seperating the two and starting your car. This
combined with a series of kill switches and other security devices
out to help a lot...of course thay are going to trash the car and
take the stereo when they can't start it, but least you get to keep
your motor....

yea they dont do much, but the theives will think twice about fucking with your car. 1st thing i got for my car was an alarm. my insurance went down 9% and my car has never been broken into.

i've never owned an alarm
i've never had my car stolen or broken into
i probably pay less for insurrance than you do :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 4 2003, 12:28 PM
. They do not "pop
the ignitions" by removing the lock cylinder, but instead just remove
the 2 phillips screws that hold the switch to the lock and then turn
the switch to start the car. They do this because its simple and
fast. The interface between these two mechanism is a definate design
flaw that does nothing to deter theft. So you can easliy take some
steps to slow the thieves down if you reinforce the interface.
Simply taking some lock-tite or superglue and putting it on the
phillips screws would probably stop 75% of all urban theives who do
not have the skills or tools to deal with this unexpected setback
while in your driveway or infront of your house pressed for time.

That's how my car was stolen, and when I put it back together when I bought it, I used the punch screws where you only can tighten them but not take them out, and I jb welded my locking mechanism to the steering column.

fortunately all the hicks here in mt would just throw a rock through the window and steal the sound equipment and most likely leave the car alone. i have an old clarion security system that is "basically" a movement sensor, and i feel confident enough with just that.

but in bigger cities or areas with higher crime rates, you can do little things to make stealing your stuff harder. one car i saw had razor blades hidden around/underneath the sound equipment. it wasn't visible but if you tried to lift an amp or sub box you'd get sliced up pretty bad.
starter kill relays are also a good idea with jsut a hidden switch you need to turn to turn off and on your starter.

man i hate to hear that bro im sorry for ya thats the worst news ive heard about someone in a long time

alarms cannot be by passed that easily i just finished wiring a new into the car and there is no way in helf they will cut open the loom and figure out which of the 10 white wires do what

Originally posted by micah@Aug 4 2003, 02:31 PM
that sucks dude :(

anyone know where to get a lug nut key?
i lost mine too

if you have kyokugens, PM and I will tell you how to get new ones (even though they are the shadyiest product ever and are so easy to steal without a key, it is nice to have the normal one)

I say get them lugs cut off quick and replaced before they come back for the wheels, if they are that ballsy (sp). As far as the alarm goes, it couldn't hurt but if the theif knows what they are doing, they will still find a way to get your shit. My brother had an alarm on his car, and from the time it went off, he got up hauled ass outside just to see the guys driving off. Wiped out everything that wasnt bolted down. :angry:

Back