My Swap Begins Civic 89

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smokey345

SwAp CrAzY
Ok people, I'm 18 I don't wanna go into any specifics about who I am. Just letting you know my age to let you know I'm a beginner. Now I'm doing a swap to a 89 civic. The engine I have and tranny I have I bought for 100 bucks. I have the YS1 Tranny and the B18 Integra engine. THe wiring also came with the engine. Now I want to know what extra parts will I be needing besides the ECU (which I have) the motor mounts, axles, and the shift linkage. I want to get this swap on the road because I have been reading up on swaps for a long time and I decided to build my own little monster. Tell me the neccessary parts and tell me if the computer and wiring into the fire wall is plug and play. May I remind the Intgera engine is from a 91 Integra.

As you give me information I will post and take pictures of what I am doing. I plan to have this done by the summer.

What model civic is it? If its a STD you'll need to swap spindles with an Si or Dx (for the same size brakes) or an EX or Integra LS (90-93) for larger brakes. Some people say the teg spindles screw with suspension geometry, I'm running them on my CRX and haven't had any issues. Hasport mounts are the most reliable, but they're also expensive. That's really about it. You'll want to use a 90-93 integra half-shaft and axles, make sure to remove the inner dust cover on your hubs to make them fit properly. Don't sweat the n00bness, I was only 17 when I did my b16 swap and it was cake. Just take your time and make sure you do everything correctly. make sure you torque everything to spec and use loc-tite when needed (I didn't and my damn tranmission mount came off recently).

Back