my swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

knightcrx

OK people I am new and just brought a 89 CRX i want to know can i use a B16a because it is OBD0 and a newer GSR tranny because it has LSD and is better set for turbo. Also since I will have a 94+ integra cluster in my CRX the speedo would be find right?

b16 2 gen would be a good set up. with tranny,,, if u have the green ctr, take note not that much psi u could boost in a stock internals,, high rev, and boost . u will need to tune it good.

What exactly are you planning for this crx? Daily driver or weekend fun or strictly track?

You could make it pretty quick for cheap if it's track only.

Gut the whole car out, drop in an OBD0 B16 1st gen cause it'd be easy, get your bolt-ons (intake header exhaust etc..) spray it with a 75 wet shot (NX system they measure in WHP) and you'll run 12.5's with slicks. Don't even need to build the engine it'll handle a 75 shot stock. Take advantage of that power to weight :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jPV...4BD2F910&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=17

I want it to be my DD but if i have to haul ass somewhere and be able to cruise on the highway at 70 mph with the rpm not above 3k and the exhuast pissing me off

If you're worried about high rpms at high speed you should probably get an ls tranny it has the longer gears while the b-series vtec trannies are more geared for acceleration the b16 being the shortest.

Why not just swap in an LS and turbocharge that? Should be good for like 230whp stock I'd guess (never actually worked with one) and I've heard they're great for boost.

Well i thought about it and was going to have a hybird tranny, it would have a ls 5th gear in the gsr tranny. and i have a ef 4 door with the b18a1 in it already and i want to leave it the way it is.

i guess the only thing not mentioned thus far from your original post is that yes you can use the 94 cluster, but you will need to install and wire up an electronic vehicle speed sensor.

if its truly a jdm b16a trans that came in the ef with the jdm sir cluster, then yes its quite possible that it may have a electronic vss already.

Back