MY <-- THAT'S RIGHT, MY Turbocharged CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm not sure i understand when you say you have NO managment....
you don't even have an FMU on it?
how are you driving it?

i would use a walbro 255, and the 450cc's with uberdata or turbo edit if you're still obd0

i believe the FPR works off vacuum, so its not gonna help you now
Right now, the fuel system is COMPLETELY STOCK. Stock LS injectors and stock HF fuel pump. Only thing not stock is the FPR. I have NO way to adjust AFR at this point. Will E-Manage work on OBD0? Or do I have to convert to OBD1?

Right now, the fuel system is COMPLETELY STOCK. Stock LS injectors and stock HF fuel pump. Only thing not stock is the FPR. I have NO way to adjust AFR at this point. Will E-Manage work on OBD0? Or do I have to convert to OBD1?
have you driven the car?
like building full boost runs?
i don't mean to sound dumb, but i just can't believe you could/would drive a turbo'ed honda with a completely stock fuel system...
i would at least crimp off the fuel return to try and bump fuel pressure if you HAVE to test drive it

i always figured the motor would pop if you did something like this...

to prove a lil bit above on how good hondas hold good boost with stockfuel system...here it goes.....my bro had a 95 or 96 delsol with a d15b7 turbo....everything was apexi....ball bearing turbo and all.....no intercooler and just did a headgasket kit....he ran 8psi everyday and drove the thing in the summer....one day he wanted to test it out a bit and one night he turned the wastegate to 13 psi and ran all night pushin the motor and no pop.....it ran exceelent with the stockfuel....he just did his basics like fuel filter change and tune up before boosting...but all oem parts....no high flow filter or anything.....it was a great del sol that he sold :cry:

to prove a lil bit above on how good hondas hold good boost with stockfuel system...here it goes.....my bro had a 95 or 96 delsol with a d15b7 turbo....everything was apexi....ball bearing turbo and all.....no intercooler and just did a headgasket kit....he ran 8psi everyday and drove the thing in the summer....one day he wanted to test it out a bit and one night he turned the wastegate to 13 psi and ran all night pushin the motor and no pop.....it ran exceelent with the stockfuel....he just did his basics like fuel filter change and tune up before boosting...but all oem parts....no high flow filter or anything.....it was a great del sol that he sold

are you guys driving around with codes? cause that will retard timing and dump massive amounts of fuel...

Quoted post[/post]]
to prove a lil bit above on how good hondas hold good boost with stockfuel system...here it goes.....my bro had a 95 or 96 delsol with a d15b7 turbo....everything was apexi....ball bearing turbo and all.....no intercooler and just did a headgasket kit....he ran 8psi everyday and drove the thing in the summer....one day he wanted to test it out a bit and one night he turned the wastegate to 13 psi and ran all night pushin the motor and no pop.....it ran exceelent with the stockfuel....he just did his basics like fuel filter change and tune up before boosting...but all oem parts....no high flow filter or anything.....it was a great del sol that he sold :cry:
I guess I could see that will a del sol, but were talking about an hf crx with an ls. A much bigger motor and turbo in a car that was built for straight up economy. I would only imagine that the fuel pump/system was only meant for economy too.

Quoted post[/post]]
have you driven the car?
like building full boost runs?
i don't mean to sound dumb, but i just can't believe you could/would drive a turbo'ed honda with a completely stock fuel system...
i would at least crimp off the fuel return to try and bump fuel pressure if you HAVE to test drive it

i always figured the motor would pop if you did something like this...
Yes, I drove the car for a whole night. Probably somewhere in the 1-2 hour range of drive time and plenty of idle time.
I have taken the car as high as 6500rpm. Through 1st and 2nd it's fine, in third at about 5k rpm, I get sputtering and a CEL that I haven't checked.
I know, I haven't driven it since that night, but I was excited. :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
That was a great story, really, novel worthy! But it really doesn't help me. Thanks for trying though.

Quoted post[/post]]
are you guys driving around with codes? cause that will retard timing and dump massive amounts of fuel...
I only get a CEL if I take the RPM's high in 3rd. I don't get it either. :blink:

And I no NOTHING about tuning. Or anything.

That is my guess, but I don't really want to go drive it again just to get the code. I'm too parinoid about blowing it at this point.

you don't need to drive it to check the code. If it's obd0, just turn the key and look at the light on the ecu. If you haven't reset the ecu that is.

Quoted post[/post]]
you don't need to drive it to check the code. If it's obd0, just turn the key and look at the light on the ecu. If you haven't reset the ecu that is.
:doh: I'm an idiot! Thanks Mike!

I am so confused between all of the reading I've been doing non-stop, I don't know what's going on anymore.

Back