myths about pr4 head and p75 head shattered

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
i disassembled two heads last night. one was from a 91 integra ls (usdm b18a1), and the other was from what i was told a jdm honda orthia (jdm b20b). so that is where i am getting my info from.

head design:
basically the same, newer has marginally larger ports. both are designed to use dual valve springs but don't.

valves:
exactly the same size on both itake and exhaust sides. (some people say they are different)

valve springs:
old: progressively wound, exhaust are taller than intake
new: linearly wound, exactly the same on both sides, shorterand lighter than the old springs.

valve retainers:
old: almost twice as thick as the new ones and about a half mm larger in diameter
new: thinner and samller diameter

cams:
i can't measure so we'll belive what people are saying in that the new ones are better.

in my project motor i am going to try to combine the good peices off both heads and we'll see what kind of number i can get this thing to have on all oem stuff. i'll try to post numbers later but since i am in wyoming, it will be hard to find a dyno( i don't think there is one in the entire state). but i will do my best and will definately have numbers once project Getto Star is on boost. :)

Back