1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n00b question

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by singlecamsam, Aug 11, 2006.

1. singlecamsam

singlecamsam New Member

Hey whatsup everyone.Great site you got here. I'm new to forums , so bare with me please . I could'nt find the noob forum so I just came here for your help.I searched but found nothing. I have a quick question . I was wondering ..... I have an ef hatch that I did a mpfi swap on on it with an obd 1 po5 ecu conversion , and I blew the head gasket a couple of days ago. It has a d15b1 in it. I have a jdm non vtec d15b head in my garage that I got for it to make a lil more power. The d15b2 if I'm not mostaken has about 70chp, and the d15b has a 100chp.Do you think I will see that gain or any at all if I swap head?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  2. singlecamsam

singlecamsam New Member

wow 6 views and no post. this place is almost as bad as honda tech. I know someone can help me.:confused:

3. sciVici

sciVici New Member

no you will not see a 30 h.p. gain just by swapping d15 heads, now if you was going with a mini me setup you would probably see about 20-30 with bolt ons.

4. singlecamsam

singlecamsam New Member

??

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  5. coldtotouch

coldtotouch Junior Member

smoke a bowl dude... chill

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Whoa! Chill the fuck out dude! This is an internet forum, not a customer support line. No one is obligated to help you or answer your questions.

7. singlecamsam

singlecamsam New Member

^^^^^^^^^

8. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Well I think you're taking it too personally man, I mean it might be as simple as nobody knows so nobody responded. I don't think anybody is looking down on you because "it's not a mad tyte JDM b-series" as you put it, but it is true that not a lot of people tune their non-vtec D15s. It could very well be that nobody on here has done this particular swap.

Have you checked out d-series.org? They specialize in d-series motors on that forum, somebody over there might know. You could try sohchonda.com as well.

9. CrazyAzn

CrazyAzn Senior Member

yeah, sorry dude, but like he was saying not to many ppl mess around with non-vtec sohc's. . . as a matter of fact i dont see all to many people messing around with ls's any more. but again maybe tahts just me, we have a built ls sitting at the shop, unloved n past its prime. . . it was swapped for a soon to be b20vtec set up.

but if you made 120 whp from a d15, thats pretty damn impressive. . . a 1.5L pushing 120 is pretty damn good IMO. gotta dyno chart?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted