NA Sux!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

former clubsi owner has a vortech setup

--Jason--
Former Webmaster > ClubSi.com
B16 w/ Vortech Supercharger
15psi = 350hp & 221tq
6/01/03 = 12.3 @ 116mph
Super Manifold V1

so, there you have it. it's been done.

so you want it street legal and try to prove SC's are the way to go by providing nonstreet legal facts.....and i did not say SC didnt make power....they do but not as much as turbos....keep the change... :sleep:

I emplore you to back up your statements...

NA Sux!!!!!!! It's not even a lil fast.

But superchargers don't suck, this is a myth thats been running around,

...after you read this...

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29398

I defy you to come up with factual evidence that can prove without a shred of doubt that superchargers are better than turbos in ANY situation. Don't give me that "they use 'em in top fuel" bullshit line. So what? They use rocket engines on the Space Shuttle, but does that mean they're good for cars? Again- factual evidence. They use blowers in top fuel cars due to class rules. Kinda like why NASCAR uses pushrods, solid rear axles and carbs, and why WRC cars use 2.0L turbocharged engines and AWD.

Here's my claim that I prove to be true in the above link: Turbos are far superior to superchargers in EVERY aspect of performance- from top end, to lag issues, to low end response.

TURBOS were banned from NHRA Top Fuel cause they made MONSTEROUS POWER.
True story.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 31 2004, 09:05 AM
True story.

no that is not the complete reason. NHRA saw alot of potential, however, the first few cars with them all suffered from catastrofic blown engines. The NHRA banned them because they felt if one team ever discovered how to use them properly, that team could have a major advantage.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 31 2004, 08:05 AM
True story.

And how do you know this? Prove it. Your credibility with me is in the negative range, so pretty much anything I see you type, I pass off as complete bullshit.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 31 2004, 11:06 AM-->
Icy_winds_
@Jan 31 2004, 08:05 AM
True story.

And how do you know this? Prove it. Your credibility with me is in the negative range, so pretty much anything I see you type, I pass off as complete bullshit.

:withstupid:

unless your talking about dragsters and shit like that. if so it old news. thats also why the restrict fule and tire sizes. but they will never do that to the import side of the NHRA.

it would be interesting if an independent decided to say fuck those regulations just to see how fast that type of car can go.

now back on topic. turbos are the best for raw power, he ONLY way of getting large amounts of PSI. and we all know the formula for power, more air means more power.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Jan 31 2004, 08:22 PM
and we all know the formula for power, more air means more power.

Actually, no. Air doesn't make power. Air isn't combustable. Fuel is. The *ONLY* reason for using a turbo or other form of forcing air into the engine is to burn more fuel. More fuel= more power. Not air.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 31 2004, 08:36 PM-->
ef9civicgen4
@Jan 31 2004, 08:22 PM
and we all know the formula for power, more air means more power.

Actually, no. Air doesn't make power. Air isn't combustable. Fuel is. The *ONLY* reason for using a turbo or other form of forcing air into the engine is to burn more fuel. More fuel= more power. Not air.

my bad loco. im not as stupid as icy winds. and i know that you also need more fuel for power. it the ratio thing.

and as a small comeback, you can have all the fuel in the world stuffed into an engine but its not going to do shit unless you have air too. they rely on each other for combustion. and if you would like proof, go to your local hospital, steal some pure o2, take a lighter and open the valve. i bet you would see one huge ass flame.

im not trying to start an arguement but chill out mang, theres no need to go around threads flaming people for the littlest shit.

lets just leave it at more is better.

and again just like the thread a few weeks back. this thread has gone off topic and become a childish arguement. somebody lock this som' bitch.

Back