Need a good pop-up blocker

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
I'm sick and fucking tired of all these pop-ups! I have one on my computer, but it doesn't do shit. Do you guys have a recommendation of one that will actually work?

I've never had problems with ie or fire fox. But even with fire fox, I get one from hondaswap and only hondaswap.

I just have the built in one in each program.

i use IE and have google's toolbar installed

10360 popups blocked to date

i also use norton, spybot search and destory, and bazooka

I do have Google toolbar. I don't get a whole lot, but there is this one stupid fucking thing called "WinFixer" that comes up every time I open IE. It comes up as a page that says my computer has x amount of problems, and this thing will fix it. I've ran Adaware, and removed a lot of spyware from WinFixer, but I don't know how to get if off for good. I was on a lyrics site, trying to find song titles for this Bob Marley mix I have today, and EACH AND EVERY song title I clicked on, got 4 popups, no joke.

you get one pop up on HS once per 24 hours. i know they suck, but they pay the bills that keeps this place alive.

and yeah, i got around most the pop up blockers :p hehe

but seriously, all you need is firefox. fuck an IE.

well for a while i didnt even get your ads because i edited my host file. Unfortunately, i was blocking a lot of stuff i actually wanted, so now i get my one pop up a day, courtosey of Brian.

So, if FireFox will help save me a lot of headache, how do I get it then?

theres a link to firefox witht he google tool bar on the home page too.

and rick: you're welcome :p

me > you :p

Ok, when I ran Adaware, my computer shut down and brought up a blue screen. Here's the code it gave me:

stop: c000021a {fatal system error}
The windows Logn Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

I have the feeling this has to do with this retarded WinFixer that comes up every time I get in the internet.

The only other popups that I get are full-screen size popups, like 1 or 2 a day. I need to get rid of this :bs:.

And do a search for "hijack this".

Its an awesome little program that is GREAT for finding some of the hard to get fuckers. Other than that, manually cleaning your registry will usually do the trick. But if you don't know what you're doing, stay the hell out of it.

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:

I like my browser to NOT run activex controls w/o me knowing about it.

What are "activex controls"? I'll be downloading FireFox tomorrow night. I'm not going to be home tomorrow. There is some shit in the add/remove programs that is called "HotFix" or some shit. I did do a lot of deleting recently also. I just want to make sure I don't delete anything important.

Back