1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need answer today about rear disc conversion

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by xj0hnx, Oct 10, 2003.

1. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Ok, so I read the atricle about the rear disc conversion and it doesn't mention replacing the brake lines. I am converting the Civic drums to Delsol disc, and want to do it tomorrow. Do the Non ABS drum brakelines (flex) fit onto the ABS disc? The ones from the disc have been cut, so I am wondering if the drums will reach and bolt up.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you need 92-95 civic si rear brake lines if im not mistaken....

3. xj0hnx

Damn, this blows my whole weekend. Well nothing to do but salvage the pieces and get all SS lines :)

4. chris

chris Senior Member

you need the brake lines off the disc conversion, the drums wont fit

5. xj0hnx

Well, I looked again and he had cut the hardline, so the flex ones were good. The conversion went on today, no broken bolts, everything went smooth, but the shop closed so gotta finish bleeding them tomorrow. Then I gotta go track down a booster to fit the MC I have, then I can get the right pedal travel, maybe even find a prop valve.

[​IMG]

Having a tranny jack helped, but I would advise a friend instead, it is a two person job.

6. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

you can use the prop valve from any honda with rear discs
    they all have the same 4040 prop valve

7. xj0hnx

So, would the one from say a 90 Civic or CRX work, and bolt up to my car? I know they are in different spots in the bay, but I am wondering if they are they same, hmmm...

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

should look like this:

[​IMG]

and it should say 4040 on it (your stock one will say 3030)

9. xj0hnx

Yea, the EF mounts on the battery side of the bay. I'll look at it tomorrow and see if it will mount up to my car.

10. xj0hnx

Fuckin' junkyard is closed for Columbus day or some shit, ain't open till Tuesday, bah humbug. Anyway, I "finished" up today, and let me tell you, the MC is essential. The pedal travel is bad, bad, bad, goes alomost to teh floor, but it stops great, just feels weird.

11. xj0hnx

Well, we got it "done" today. We wound up using the VTi resevoir, on a ED9 MC, and the stock VX booster, along with the 40/30 prop valve from the ED9. The only real issue we had was the mounting bracket for the prop valve, they are different size's and needs a special key to undo the bolt, which is crimped anyway, as I don't think you're supposed to seperate the two pieces. And getting my big ass hands behind the IM to rethread the lines into said prop valve. And we took some pics...
    resevoir on its new home...
    [​IMG]

Comparison of the two props and their brackets, the smaller one is hte ED9 one...

[​IMG]

Showing love for the tiny work space, and final completion of said work...

[​IMG]

And if this doesn't beat all, this was need to turn the rear piston back in. Can you guess it's real use? It's for tapping kegs, nice huh?

[​IMG]

Well that's enough picture whoring, it stops like a champ, and is only awaiting the VTi fronts (still using the VX, but it feels good anywho)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted