Need answer today about rear disc conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Ok, so I read the atricle about the rear disc conversion and it doesn't mention replacing the brake lines. I am converting the Civic drums to Delsol disc, and want to do it tomorrow. Do the Non ABS drum brakelines (flex) fit onto the ABS disc? The ones from the disc have been cut, so I am wondering if the drums will reach and bolt up.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 11 2003, 12:46 AM
you need 92-95 civic si rear brake lines if im not mistaken....

Damn, this blows my whole weekend. Well nothing to do but salvage the pieces and get all SS lines :)

you need the brake lines off the disc conversion, the drums wont fit

Well, I looked again and he had cut the hardline, so the flex ones were good. The conversion went on today, no broken bolts, everything went smooth, but the shop closed so gotta finish bleeding them tomorrow. Then I gotta go track down a booster to fit the MC I have, then I can get the right pedal travel, maybe even find a prop valve.

s3f883273e09e4.jpg

Having a tranny jack helped, but I would advise a friend instead, it is a two person job.

you can use the prop valve from any honda with rear discs
they all have the same 4040 prop valve

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Oct 12 2003, 12:02 AM
you can use the prop valve from any honda with rear discs
they all have the same 4040 prop valve

So, would the one from say a 90 Civic or CRX work, and bolt up to my car? I know they are in different spots in the bay, but I am wondering if they are they same, hmmm...

should look like this:

s3eab0b2f249fe.jpg

and it should say 4040 on it (your stock one will say 3030)

Yea, the EF mounts on the battery side of the bay. I'll look at it tomorrow and see if it will mount up to my car.

Fuckin' junkyard is closed for Columbus day or some shit, ain't open till Tuesday, bah humbug. Anyway, I "finished" up today, and let me tell you, the MC is essential. The pedal travel is bad, bad, bad, goes alomost to teh floor, but it stops great, just feels weird.

Well, we got it "done" today. We wound up using the VTi resevoir, on a ED9 MC, and the stock VX booster, along with the 40/30 prop valve from the ED9. The only real issue we had was the mounting bracket for the prop valve, they are different size's and needs a special key to undo the bolt, which is crimped anyway, as I don't think you're supposed to seperate the two pieces. And getting my big ass hands behind the IM to rethread the lines into said prop valve. And we took some pics...
resevoir on its new home...
s3f8b1818ad58a.jpg

Comparison of the two props and their brackets, the smaller one is hte ED9 one...

s3f8b18b600014.jpg

Showing love for the tiny work space, and final completion of said work...

s3f8b18efc3517.jpg

And if this doesn't beat all, this was need to turn the rear piston back in. Can you guess it's real use? It's for tapping kegs, nice huh?

s3f8b18331fbe0.jpg

Well that's enough picture whoring, it stops like a champ, and is only awaiting the VTi fronts (still using the VX, but it feels good anywho)

Back