Need help asap with my swap into 4th gen accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DhN

first of alli did the swap..still need the motor company to ship me the right ecu and the sensors the shipping company broke..bastards..but im running into a problem with my motor mounts..dopes the h22 fit the 4th gen accord engine bay..with f22 mounts?...i have to reorder mounts for the car...the back one and front are jus out of whack..so if i reorder mounts do i get ones for the f22..original accord motor..or..the prelude...im so not knowledgable about this right now..any help is needed thanks

well they are basically the same thing, but id order the right mouts for the chasis

you should use the prelude passanger side, driver side, and rear mounts, use the accord front mount.

the driver side prelude mount will have to me grided down just a lil bit to fit. but other than that you should be good to go.

i suggest using as many prelude parts as you can.

its been awhile since i have done this swap so double check my work!!!

good luck

Fourth gen is easy.

Go to the junkyard and get 90-93 F22 mounts. Honda probably charges way too much.

YES, DEFINITELY

Also, I have used both LX and EX mounts with perfect success. If you ask me, the H22 is actually easier to mount than the F22. The accessory brackets make accessory mounting nicer, and the engine shape is slightly different.

SWEET..

alright..i have nothing behind my intake manifold..meaning..the only moutns are the front and sides..so..starting from scratch..i order the rear mount....and itll fit the h22 correct?..i heard its a bitch to put rear moutns in..ill jus take it to the shop and pray they do it

Originally posted by DhN@Sep 10 2005, 09:59 PM
SWEET..

alright..i have nothing behind my intake manifold..meaning..the only moutns are the front and sides..so..starting from scratch..i order the rear mount....and itll fit the h22 correct?..i heard its a bitch to put rear moutns in..ill jus take it to the shop and pray they do it
[post=552507]Quoted post[/post]​

The motor is already in?

In that case, get the hardware you need. Next, think of the "installed" mounts as pivot points. Take your front thrust mount loose and hook on to your transmission pull ring with a hoist and a chain. This will tilt the motor and transmission toward the front of the car. Then fight the new mount in. It might be easier to remove the black part from the intake, or at least loosen it.

Back