need help choosing my next car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trappd-in-859

If given the choice, which would you choose and why?

- 1998-2002 pontiac firebird/trans am

- 1998-2002 chevy camaro z28/ss

- 1999-2002 ford mustang gt

- 1993-1998 toyota supra turbo/tt

- 1993-1995 mazda rx7

- 1995-1998 nissan 240sx

If you wouldnt choose any of the cars listed above, please tell me which car you would choose and why.

As you can see Im looking at a rwd car that can be made fast for cheap or is already fast stock for less than 20k.

Im personally leaning more toward the pontiac or chevy, but really dont know much about them.

it's hard to choose between the supra and the rx-7, but those 2 got my vote.
I would lean towards the supra a litle more just because I know absolute shit when it comes to the rotary motors.

If anything, get the S14.

The domestics have shitty interiors (GM)

Mustang, it's the body style right before the retro redesign. The resale has got to be even more in the toilet now.

Supra - simply not practical for a daily driver. Also expensive, and high on maintenance and insurance.

RX7 - same as the supra, ecxept add in the additional headaches of a rotary.

I would choose the Pontiac Trans Am. Its a beautiful car, quite rare, at least where I live, and is quite fast off the bat. The car looks extremely aggresive and can be made to haul ass relatively cheap. Thats my vote.

supra, only because i dont really care for any of the other cars. and the car only needs a lot of mainteinence if you dont stay on top of things, which really... isnt a lot.

i would say mustang cause i sell them for a living. a new 06 mustang will probably run fron 26 to 33500 and you pay sticker for these ponies no negociating on them. they come with 300 hp off the line and if you slap a supercharger on them you would be making a lot of power 412hp on a 05-06 gt you probably be making little less on the older models if you could find a 05 that someone doesn want any more you probably get it for about 18-20000 with not that many miles on it that and their cheap and light. another car would be an honda s2000 used under 20k hard to get in a dealership but possible have. also easy to upgade fast from the start.
my 2 cents.

Supra for reliability. Nissan is second on the list. The "newer muscle" cars are garbage. Cheap interiors, all of them fall apart and break all the time.. Each of the camaro/mustang/transam have their problems, but a supra really doesn't. Better build quality, better engineered, hold their value 9834750923847x better..

And you can make retarded amounts of power with the supra.

*ps*

And you when you hit 1k hp, you can call it the superdupra. Thats just cool.

trans am or camaro for the win. Can you Say LS1? YES, you can. :thumbsup:

as far as phyregod always complaining about cheap interiors....... GUT IT. Problem solved :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
Supra for reliability. Nissan is second on the list. The "newer muscle" cars are garbage. Cheap interiors, all of them fall apart and break all the time.. Each of the camaro/mustang/transam have their problems, but a supra really doesn't. Better build quality, better engineered, hold their value 9834750923847x better..

*ps*

And you when you hit 1k hp, you can call it the superdupra. Thats just cool.

supra reliable? lol

My vote would be the RX7, personally I would choose an FC over the FD. Not only because you can get one 10x cheaper, but I also prefer the older body style and they're cheaper to make faster.

Supras just aren't my cup of tea, I don't want one and if I somehow inherited one, I'd sell it.

240's are ok, but again I would go with the s13 (that is the chassis code right?). I'd probably opt for a coupe, just because they're a little more rare then the hatches.

Celerity pretty much summed up my taste in the other vehicles.

Quoted post[/post]]

ScrapinSi joke:

"What do 400, 500, 600 and 700 hp Supras have common?"

"12 second time slips"

He told me that one in ... 2002 and I still laugh.

Also, Supras are ultra reliable. Always and Forever. But if you so much as change ONE thing on them and that reliability is tossed out the window

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

ScrapinSi joke:

"What do 400, 500, 600 and 700 hp Supras have common?"

"12 second time slips"

He told me that one in ... 2002 and I still laugh.

Also, Supras are ultra reliable. Always and Forever. But if you so much as change ONE thing on them and that reliability is tossed out the window

and considering the only reason youd buy one is to mod it.....

then one can see that they have shitty reliability.
probably the only car that ive seen with worse reliability then mine is my buddies 97/98 tt supra. bpu 4-5 somewhere in there. the amount of money that hes had to dump into that car is straight up ridiculous. hes paid for it twice in the 3.5 years hes had it.

just cause someone buys a supra doenst mean theyd mod it. I dont think id mod a 93+ supra if i owned one, only because im over modding cars, that and they look absolutely sick stock, well maybe some new wheels.

Wheels definately. 16" wheels are so small looking now, and Chrome ? No way.

veilside wing, front lip and 18" Volks or GABs - Yes please.

And the $3500 all of that would cost, No please.

well, what is the car FOR? DD? weekends/nice days? autox?

Quoted post[/post]]
just cause someone buys a supra doenst mean theyd mod it. I dont think id mod a 93+ supra if i owned one, only because im over modding cars, that and they look absolutely sick stock, well maybe some new wheels.

stock supras are slow

the only reason to buy one would be to mod it.

appearance wise id have to drop it with some rims at least

Back