Need help now!! Please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRVTEC EG

I swapped a D15b into my brothers car yesterday but it won't start, i'm using the stock US ecu becasue i was told that it would run on it but wouldn't have vtec. I checked the sparkplugs and they are not sparking.....i need help please.

Why am i not getting any spark?

The car is a 92 DX hatch.

Thanks in advance for all the help
steve

it turns over, i checked the distributor, wires and plugs.....they all look like brand new.

I'm gonna have to go over all of the grounds again to make sure i didin't forget any, i'm almost positive that i didn't miss any though.

in my car the grounds were not good and the motor did not even turnover. maybe a bad dizzy

Would the car turn over at all if the fuse for the ecu or dizzy were blown?

Even if it were the ecu, wouldn't there still be a spark at the plugs?

Where can i find the fuse for the dizzy, i checked all the fuses in the fuse box next to the battery and they were all good.

Thanks for the responses guys

check your igniter and coil in the dizzy maybe bad. Oh you'll need a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM) to check resistance.

If anyone has any experience with this swap, please pm me.

Couple other things about it, the vtec solenoid isn't pluged into anything, the car will be without vtec until a different ecu is put in.

The back of the intake manifold on the US motor has what i think is an Idle Air Control Valve and it isn't found on theh JDM motor, not sure if anything like this would effect spark though.....

I tried to put the dizzy from the US motor on but it didn't line up

OK OK... The more and more I read this the more it sounds like the exact situation that I am in right at this moment.
1. When you turn the key to the on posistion the check engine light should come on... Does it?
2. If it does come on does it go off after two or so seconds??
3. If it does check for codes. If it doesn't your ECU might have gotten fried.

I just did a swap where I put a D15BZ engine in a 92 civic LX ran with the stock ECU for 2 or so days. Then on a real warm day +9 Cal It wouldn't start. Fired ECU, didn't fry any fuses or anything just the ECU. Currently it's at the shop because I don't have a shop tool.

In any means keep me updated because maybe you will fix my problems and i'll let ya know what my machanic finds.

Wally

I'll keep you updated for sure, i haven't had a chance to check the check engine light yet..

Someone told me that you have to put the insides of the US dizzy into the casing of the JDM dizzy, has anyone heard that before?

Also, one more question, i don't think a 5spd ecu will work in an auto car but my friends keep telling me that it will......i'm sure someone can tell me once and for all who's right on that one..

thanks guys
steve

It sounds like the dizzy to me I had the same problem, I replaced the icm and the ignitor and it fired right up. Even if you run a 5-speed ecu it should run, but it won't run well. I would change it out if I were you.

check the ground wires that should be connected on top of the thermostat housing, this is a common problem people forget to connect during a swap.

Back