Need help!! Oil light comes on & power is gone!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PiMp26836

I have a 93 civic hatchback that came with the D15B7 motor in it. Well it broke a rod and I purchased another D15B7 to put back in it. Everything is hooked back up and I'm having problems with the oil light coming on and the car has a loss of power. I've had people tell me its the oil pump, some people said it could be an oil sensor, or just about anything else. I was wondering if anyone on here would be able to help me out or tell me what would be wrong with it. I would really really really appreciate the help!!!

Thanks!!!

If I can get the problem fixed I'm lookin to sell the car. If you would be interested take a look at it at these two sites...... http://www.cardomain.com/id/phathatch69 & www.cvillewantads.com, then cars/trucks and its the one that says '93 Civic Hatchback For Sale!!

Let me know also if you would be interested!!

I take it nobody has any solutions?

Originally posted by PiMp26836@Aug 29 2004, 03:49 PM
I have a 93 civic hatchback that came with the D15B7 motor in it. Well it broke a rod and I purchased another D15B7 to put back in it. Everything is hooked back up and I'm having problems with the oil light coming on and the car has a loss of power. I've had people tell me its the oil pump, some people said it could be an oil sensor, or just about anything else. I was wondering if anyone on here would be able to help me out or tell me what would be wrong with it. I would really really really appreciate the help!!!

Thanks!!!

If I can get the problem fixed I'm lookin to sell the car. If you would be interested take a look at it at these two sites...... http://www.cardomain.com/id/phathatch69 & www.cvillewantads.com, then cars/trucks and its the one that says '93 Civic Hatchback For Sale!!

Let me know also if you would be interested!!
[post=383316]Quoted post[/post]​

check the oil sensor behind the oil filter. Swap it out. See if you also got oil pressure. Take a look at your oil pick up too.

Ditto to that. I looked in my Helms for the teg, and it suggested checking the oil pressure first. If the oil pressure is fine, then replace the engine oil pressure switch... then recheck. If the oil pressure is not within spec, then inspect the oil pump.

Back