NEED HELP on 97 Jeep Gr. Cherokee

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

craiger

Hello. I am having a problem with my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It has a straight 6 cylinder motor, AT tranny. It will start for 2-3 seconds then dies. If I rev it up it will die, if I let it idle it will die.

Now here is the good, I have another identical Jeep Gr. Cherokee that I have switched many parts already on and off of it to check out what the hell is going on. So far no luck. Here is what I have switched: Computer, Coil, Pick up module, MAP Sensor. The running Jeep still works when I have taken these parts off of the non-running Jeep. So I know that these parts are not the problem .

I initially thought it was a fuel problem but it is reading 50 psi at the fuel rail line.

Please Help me out here.

Go over to NAXJA.org and check out the forums. It's an XJ board but since your ZJ has the 4.0, you might be able to figure out whats wrong. Specifically, check out the OEM Tech forum. Also, you could always register and post up in the regional forums to see if theres anyone near you who can help out. The guys on there, for the most part, are really cool and willing to help each other out.

Last edited:
Back