!!! need help please !!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrjennie

:worthy: please, someone help me out here :worthy:

ok, i got my engine but its a obd1 b18c and my car is a obd2 hb. what do i need to make this swap work right? lets see, i got the skunk2 obd conersion harness, and the mounts to make it fit. now, someone told me that i'll need to get an 96+up b18c obd2 distributor, injectors, and maybe alternator? is this true??? and, does anyone know if a obd2 b16a distributor will work on my swap? o, and how should i got about the engine harness? i'm a little low on cash after buying the engine. so my friend suggest to just use my stock dx engine harness, and do the vtec wiring. so, i said ok. but i didn't know that you have to cut the connectors from the obd1 gsr harness and use it on the stock obd2 dx harness. is this right??

i'm just so confuse about all this obd crap. but any help will be soooo great. thanks a million, gsrjennie.

Originally posted by gsrjennie@Aug 31 2004, 12:00 AM
:worthy: please, someone help me out here :worthy:

ok, i got my engine but its a obd1 b18c and my car is a obd2 hb. what do i need to make this swap work right? lets see, i got the skunk2 obd conersion harness, and the mounts to make it fit. now, someone told me that i'll need to get an 96+up b18c obd2 distributor, injectors, and maybe alternator? is this true??? and, does anyone know if a obd2 b16a distributor will work on my swap? o, and how should i got about the engine harness? i'm a little low on cash after buying the engine. so my friend suggest to just use my stock dx engine harness, and do the vtec wiring. so, i said ok. but i didn't know that you have to cut the connectors from the obd1 gsr harness and use it on the stock obd2 dx harness. is this right??

i'm just so confuse about all this obd crap. but any help will be soooo great. thanks a million, gsrjennie.
[post=384107]Quoted post[/post]​

ive heard, you will need the conversion harness from obd1 to 2. or vice versa. and an obd2 diggy-distributor, injectors, and ecu.
but im not 100% sure. so hopefully someone smarter than me replies.
but look into it, hasports makes a conversion harness i think also. along with skunk.

are you trying to keep ur car obd2 or 1? do you have the obd1 wiring harness? you won't need to change anything, you can just rewire them. you will need to rewire the injectors - they should be same color. the distributor is different colors, but you can just match them up pin for pin. the alternator will have two colors that match and two that wont. i believe on the alternator, the black and white/blue wires will match up, but the wht/red and wht/yell or green don't remember wont. if i'm correct, the wht/red will match up w/ the blue... hmmm can't remember the alternator...

just re-wire your dizzy, alt, and injectors. cut/paste the plug.
use your stock harness.

theres no need to change the elctronics them selves from 1 to 2.

Back