NEED HELP, Should be easy??!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chamaco77

What's up guys need help with a swap question, I have a 94 Accord LX with a F22B2 I got a smokin deal on a rear ended cars F22B1. So far I have removed my old engine and tranny and before I install the new engine and tranny I wanted to replace some gaskets and belts and so on. Well that's when I realized my F22B2 had an external coil outside the distributor, but the new motor has an internal coil. So what can I do to make this work? I have the harness off of my external coil non-VTEC motor since the one on the new motor was cut. Can I make this harness work or do I have to find one for a VTEC engine and an internal coil?
Sorry if this sounds confusing I just really need some help to get my car back on the road, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Quoted post[/post]]
use your old harness and old dizzy..you will be fine.

Thanks for the help, so my old harness and dizzy should work, do I have to do anything to enable the VTEC or is that all done through the computer?
I have the computer for the Vtec motor, not sure if I have to run any additional wires though.

check our technical articles and then the prelude and accord swap forum. you have to run a few wires (3) back to your ECU, and i think you might have to switch one wire on your ECU, but im not sure on the last one. Tab knows a lot more about accords than i do. Im more of the prelude freak.

Quoted post[/post]]
check our technical articles and then the prelude and accord swap forum. you have to run a few wires (3) back to your ECU, and i think you might have to switch one wire on your ECU, but im not sure on the last one. Tab knows a lot more about accords than i do. Im more of the prelude freak.

I greatly appreciate your help, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

If you have both engines and both harnesses, do this:

Check the harnesses side by side. If the main plugs are the same at the fender, then use the VTEC harness. You'd just have to run the IAB and VTEC wires from the main plugs to the ECU, since the engine harness would already contain the proper wiring.

If they are not the same, then run your stock harness and modify it. I am curious if they are the same or not, so let us know.

Quoted post[/post]]
If you have both engines and both harnesses, do this:

Check the harnesses side by side. If the main plugs are the same at the fender, then use the VTEC harness. You'd just have to run the IAB and VTEC wires from the main plugs to the ECU, since the engine harness would already contain the proper wiring.

If they are not the same, then run your stock harness and modify it. I am curious if they are the same or not, so let us know.

OK The harnesses are pretty much identical the only difference was there is a ECT in the front of the B2 motor where the upper radiator hose goes into, so I just had to swap the hose adapter from my old motor to the new one. Also there is a sensor with a two bolt flange on the intake manifold I'm not sure what it's called. It's a valve of some sort but anyway both motors have one it's just the B2 motor had a square plug, and the B1 motor has a round plug. Since I'm using the B2 harness I had to swap that valve out . I have pics I just can't find my USB cable for the camera. other than that everything else on the tranny and other side of the engine are the same. Oh yeah the Alternators are different although either one will plug in, the B2 had an 80 amp alternator while the B1 has a 90 amp.
Since there is no knock sensor on either engine it looks like all I have to do is run 3 wires. (Vtec solenoid,Vtec oil pressure, Vtec oil pressure ground). My final question is do I still have to switch the O2 sensor wire and EGR wire at the ECU or is that only for H22 swaps?

Thanks for your help guys hopefully I can find this cable so I can show you what I'm talking about.

Sorry guys I took the pics last night before this conversation so there aren't any good ones of the stuff we are discussing but if you can look at this one, the ECT on the front of the motor where the upper rad hose goes is there, and if you look just to the right where I located my coil you will see that 2 bolt flanged valve I was talking about earlier it has a like a spring clip cover on it, anyone know the name of that.

accordswap9.jpg

Sorry guys I took the pics last night before this conversation so there aren't any good ones of the stuff we are discussing but if you can look at this one, the ECT on the front of the motor where the upper rad hose goes is there, and if you look just to the right where I located my coil you will see that 2 bolt flanged valve I was talking about earlier it has a like a spring clip cover on it, anyone know the name of that.

what????
to the right of the upper coolant hose goes???

Quoted post[/post]]

what????
to the right of the upper coolant hose goes???

I was refering to the Engine Coolant Temp. sensor that goes on the front flange for the upper radiator hose, that is usually not there on a F22b1.
My question was about the assembly to the right of the my coil, with the spring clip cover on it, does anyone know what that is?
Also do I have to switch my EGR and O2 wires at the ECU for a F22b1 swap or that only for the H22 swaps.

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm not sure which spring clip you mean...
is it the EGR?

I was pretty sure it was the EGR valve I think you are right, I'm not sure how Honda does it but on all the other cars I've worked on there is a tube that connects the EGR to the exhaust, since there was no tube I was confused and didn't think that was the EGR Valve, but I guess Honda must do it another way, thanks for clearing that up though I appreciate it.

Back