1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help upgrading cams in my 98 spec itr motor

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by slowb18, Oct 2, 2007.

1. slowb18

slowb18 New Member

Hey guys I'm new here and I'm in desperate need of help. I have a 98 spec ITR motor with an SMSP header, Jays racing intake, and GReddy evoII exhaust. I am trying to decide what cams to go with and what will work best for my set up.
    I will be using higher compression valves, 1-layer head gasket, along with dual springs and titanium retainers. I'm still not sure of what brand I want to go with quite yet? Probably the same brand of whatever cams I go with.
    So far I have looked into the Skunk pro1's and 2's, Buddy Club Spec 4's, and RM22x's. These all seem to be good cams, all with there pros and cons of course.
    I would appreciate any help or advice, if any of you have used these cams dont hesitate to tell me what you think of them.

BTW: As of right now I am putting down 196.7whp and 136.7wtq on a mustang dyno.

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon

2. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Is your bottom end stock or built???
    What are you goals????
    How much $$$$ do you want to drop????
    Do you have a way to tune your car (computer program or dyno shop)near you????

3. slowb18

slowb18 New Member

Right now my bottem end is stock, in the next year or so I will be doing a 2L build.
    Im not on a budget as of right now.
    All of the work will be done next door to a dyno and tunig facility.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted