Need Help! With 2000 Civic Dx Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just a note, the jdm h22a has 220hp and 200hp and 163lbs of torque,,and will beat the piss out of most b16a with mods, and the h22a will drop into a ek civic with no cutting

i woulnt not recommend the h22... it has an iron block and it really doesnt have any more hp than a JDM b16a i swapped a b16a into my 97 civic dx and i coulnt be happyer i was lucky because the person before me added ITR cams wich i was told by who i bought the motor from is a very popular modification in japan because of the availability of them.. it would be like putting corvette cams in a camaro.. sorta. i guess it would be only 1 cam haha.. but ne ways the b20 u need to do the pluming for the oil line and all that and i suggest if this is your first swap i would put in the b16 if u want power that way every thing is already plummed oil wise for the vtec ive learned that the more modification you need to make something work... the more painful it will be in the process of the swap. because u get the engine.. then u have to get the adapter plate for the oil filter to plum the head for Vtec then u have to get the plate for the vtec solinoid then well you will need to replace all your gasketts and all that thats for any head swap tho. for simplicity i would stick with the b16 then down the road if u feel brave and u have some time u can do a LSvech thing but the b16 involves no frame cutting and no head modification it just drops right in with the correct mounts and the compression ratio is 10: 1 wich is ideal... the american b16 a has 100 hp per litre if you have 160 hp,, the h22,, has about 160 hp and its a 2.2 litre its less efficiant and its alot heavyer with the iron block.. the b blocks are all aluminum so the simpler the better!

Good God dude, you're a fucking moron. There's about a thousand pieces of inaccurate information in this cluster fuck of a paragraph you just posted. You obviously don't know shit about H22 engines (refer to AHHVTEC's post for the correct specs), so please refrain from posting anymore on that subject...

:disgust1:

Last edited:
just a note, the jdm h22a has 220hp and 200hp and 163lbs of torque,,and will beat the piss out of most b16a with mods, and the h22a will drop into a ek civic with no cutting

Also, all H22 blocks and heads are aluminum, just like the B-series. The sleeves are made out of a fiber composite material that helps to cut down on excess weight.

I just thought I'd throw that in to help correct the multitude of H22 misinformation in this thread...

Not necessarily, no. You just have to have a little ingenuity to make it work...

I really don't understand how they can legally offer those B20 swaps in California. Everyone I've ever talked to about that has said that it's illegal to use CR-V motors in anything but CR-Vs in Cali. Maybe the law has changed or they found some way around it?

Anyway, their prices really aren't bad for complete, installed swaps. I'd say go with a GS-R swap from them...

Did B20's only come in CRV 's ????????????;)

I thought you were the Prelude guy??????:p

B20A3/5

Did B20's only come in CRV 's ????????????;)

I thought you were the Prelude guy??????:p

B20A3/5

Yeah but those are completely different. Their parts aren't compatible with the newer B-series engines at all, and you can't put VTEC heads on them...

Im just relaying the info my honda dealer told me god damn u dont have to be such dicks

Don't pay attention to any previous messages posted by this name.. my friend was using my account and i just found it out because he was just on it... He forgot his own password and he's not sure exactly what his name is because he's a dumb ass and a piece of trash.. I apologize for any messages that were misleading he has posted for he is an ignorant moron who Couldn't tie his shoe if you held a 9mm to his head
Again I apologize! An also apologize you all had to endure his sea of spelling errors and i know i lost IQ just reading it!

" Orthia"? first I've seen of it..... I learn something new everyday! Rep +1 ya' newbie basterd!!!:D

Back