need help with a b18c swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ikon671

I'm currently doing a b18c swap into a 99 civic ex, we re-used the civic harnest. any help will be greatly appreciated..

1. Does the b18c have a crank position sensor? because I have on plug on the harnest that has no home right above the alternator.. its old home I believe was to a CPS on the D16..where does this get plugged into?

2. there is a sensor on one of the runners of the GSR intake manifold anf the civic harnest does not have any extra plugs for this sensor.

3. I want to temp eliminate the power steering til we can find a pump can I just cap up the lines or is there more envolved?

sorry for the noob questions but I am not familiar with B series at all...thanks in advance.!!

ill answer in order...
1. its useless, cant remember exactly what its hooked up too, its early. check the wiring diag. in your haynes manual and compare it to the wiring diag for the b18
2. this sounds like you are referring to the IAB sensor connector which youre old civic harness wont have. youll need to get a vtec harness from hasport or rywire to get all youll need for vtec, iab, and extended o2.

Back