Need Help with Prelude engine swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

omega53513

Purchased a prelude, didn't expect it to be this bad.

Stock prelude was: 93 Prelude Si model (2.3 DOHC engine).

Engine and manual trans were swapped from 99 acura 2.3 CL (2.3 Vtec SOHC engine).

Now the problems with this 2.3L Vtec SOHC engine I have:

ECU - 93 prelude "S" model NON-VTEC 2.2L SOHC computer
destributor - 93 prelude "S" model
Trouble code #9
Engine cut off at 5400rpm

Can I run a Vtec engine with a non-vtec distributor?

Can I use something else than engine computer to enable the Vtech?

Why does my engine cuts off at 5400? Can it be attributed to the the trouble code #9?

Is trouble code #9 is most likely top sensor on by distributor gone bad (as I can see a crack on the top sensor)?

If I must have a computer for my Vtec, can I buy some kind of wiring harness adapter to allow my OBD I harness to connect to OBD II computer, so that I could use stock 2.3cl computer?

Will the computer work from up to 96 honda accord 2.2L Vtec SOHC, or I will need to rewire the whole thing?

I have posted some questions previously on Preludepower.com - Powered by vBulletin and they helped me identify which computer I use.

Thanks to every one who will respond!

your whole problem lies in the computer. you have to have a vtec computer to make it engage. the f22 non-vtec ecu doesnt know what vtec is. so find the correct f23 ecu and get a obdII-obdI conversion harness. then the car will go to red line, and have vtec.

prelude

Can you please point me to the web site, or someone who sells the conversion. I totally don't mind purchaing it, as long as its not the price of the new engine.
Thanks.

Back