Need help with swapping dizzy, alternator plugs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok here is my issue, since im poor I had to chop off my 99 EX wire harness plugs and plug them into my CX harness, I have the d16y8 and Im using my existing CX harness and Im swapping out my connectors from my EX harness to fit into my CX. ok here is my issue I have noticed that the alternator has 4 wires and the only two wires that match up is the black and yellow and the blue and white, the green and white and red and white does not match. I dont want to mix those two up. now with my dizzy I noticed that the CX harness has 7 wires connected to the plug and the d16y8 has 8 wires. also the colors dont match!!! ok now if anyone has done this before please help me out.

couldnt tell ya about the alternator.. i just used th 92-95 one and kept the old plug..

as far as the distributor.. the wire colors are the same on the actual distributor as your cx harness.. so look at the 96+distributor side of the plug and you'll see the normal orn, wht, orn/blu, wht/blue, grn/blu, grn/yel etc.. then figure out the pin locations from there

ok new dilema! guy at my shop tells me that my 92 CX dizzy will plug up to my d16y8 head, and it will work? I was a little confused but then I wasnt sure, they told me that the dizzy would not fit into a 92 95 vtec head but the cx dizzy will fit into my 99 ex head. someone help!

I think he's right...
CX is like DX - non vtec.
non-vtec OBD1 work on a D16A6 (88-91 Si)
88-91 Si bolt up to 96-00 EX Y8 distribs but NOT Z6
so, I'd guess it would work. Worst case, lop off a leg :)

Back