Need INFO ASAP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its alotta trouble to replace parts inside a distributor, especially when you dont know for sure if thats the prob...they are fragile parts and lots of them....if it was me, id find a new dist (or used one)and install it and see what happens....but then again, thats just me...my.02cents sure souds liek youv got it narrowed down to spark and id say thats your best bet...cya

Originally posted by mwvnos@Jan 1 2004, 09:33 PM
its alotta trouble to replace parts inside a distributor, especially when you dont know for sure if thats the prob...they are fragile parts and lots of them....if it was me, id find a new dist (or used one)and install it and see what happens....but then again, thats just me...my.02cents sure souds liek youv got it narrowed down to spark and id say thats your best bet...cya

its a good possibility though its just that...and why waste so much money on a whole distributer hoss?

Originally posted by lude68+Jan 1 2004, 09:51 PM-->
@Jan 1 2004, 09:33 PM

its a good possibility though its just that...and why waste so much money on a whole distributer hoss?

agreed, money is an issue but if its not the ignitor and you have to end up buying the whole thing anyway, youv saved time and money....but its totally up to you, IMO, if you know for sure its spark"which i think you do, get the dist and wires and hope for the best.

you could try and replace the igniter....or you can replace the whole thing.... but at least you now know what it is... I don't know what engine your running, but if it's a obd1 vtec distributor, forget it, they suck ass, I'm on my 4th distributor in under 40,000 miles, luckily the last two have been under warranty..

yea its OBD1...why is there rep so bad? i mean..it was fine until vtec started to engage!

They suck bro, they just give out in high rpm situations, the bearings overheat.... they are actually starting to sell aftermarkt ones with ceramic bearings....

wasnt the whole distributer! Just the coil! So i put my new MSD coil to good use and i also finally put the damn thing in! :spin:

cool bro! I guess I'm a dumbass, lol; at least I knew where the problem was...anyway, glad it didn't cost you to much. Everyone should have a back-up dizzy...I have 2...

Back