need info on b18c6 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FloWIn

this is my first post so I thought I's say "wassup" :D
I'm in Germany and will pick up a totaled 99 ITR Type R 40kmls next sunday (a bike hit the passanger side bad) I had a 92 euro-spec (E)Si hatchback with the d16z6 but I sold the car so I'm in need of a new EG hatch. since I'm getting the whole type R I'm kinda confused about what I actually need! I would like to use as many type R components in my eg as possible so I will swap the fron/rear brakes and suspension as well. over here they sold a 1.5 LSI 90hp model wich seems to me to be the same thing as the VX but everyone is telling me it would be easy to swap the rear drums and all but would be hard to wire it up for v-tec?? I mean I could pick up another EG5 (Si) or even a EG6 (b16stock) but they are more expensive than a simple EG4 (D15 non v-tec). All that euro-spec us-spec stuff confuses me hahaha. So is there any thing I should consider (different year and model) is it really that hard to wire up v-tec?? is there a right-up on how to swap the b18c6 in a EG (I would like to get all the info first before I run into problems :D) what about the imobilizer and how to disable that?
Thx
Flo

What's up man, I am in Bamberg. If I wasn't leaving in two weeks I'd come up and help you out.

Anyway, there's a write up on wiring vtec in the articles section on the main forums page.

Things you can use
Motor
tranny
seats
all the suspension (You'll have to use the rear LCAs too, since they are different, but you'll be able to use the sway bar with proper reinforcement of the EGs chassis)
Brakes (but you'll have to use the rims that are on it, since they are five lug)
steering wheel (if you want to wire up the airbag, if not, we could trade :) because I will)
er...that is all, well, not all, but all that is easy. You can swap most of the iterior if you were so inclined, and the front end..blah)

The ITRs harness will plug into most of the EDM Civics. I say most because we have a weirdo here that we discovered is an OBD I/OBD 0 hybrid, and it would be a real pain. It might even be the cheap one you are talking about, I'd have to check the trim again. Are you in the military? If so, don't waste the time building up a euro spec car, you can't take it home, if you're German...have fun at TUV.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 19 2005, 08:50 AM
What's up man, I am in Bamberg. If I wasn't leaving in two weeks I'd come up and help you out.

Anyway, there's a write up on wiring vtec in the articles section on the main forums page.

Things you can use
Motor
tranny
seats
all the suspension (You'll have to use the rear LCAs too, since they are different, but you'll be able to use the sway bar with proper reinforcement of the EGs chassis)
Brakes (but you'll have to use the rims that are on it, since they are five lug)
steering wheel (if you want to wire up the airbag, if not, we could trade :) because I will)
er...that is all, well, not all, but all that is easy. You can swap most of the iterior if you were so inclined, and the front end..blah)

The ITRs harness will plug into most of the EDM Civics. I say most because we have a weirdo here that we discovered is an OBD I/OBD 0 hybrid, and it would be a real pain. It might even be the cheap one you are talking about, I'd have to check the trim again. Are you in the military? If so, don't waste the time building up a euro spec car, you can't take it home, if you're German...have fun at TUV.
[post=542313]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah I will get a EG5 than that will work 100% cuz it's an SI...there used to be a white eg with a b16a2 in bamberg I know about and I guess ghost si is out there too. my boy did the same swap to his us-sepc vx and now it's my turn to get this done...he's on our site www.kutsujuracing.com you can check it out GE chapter

The white EG was mine :) Now the motor and everything is in my teal 95.

You talking about Mike up in K-town? I was supposed to get up there, but clearing is a pain.

You know anyone that has an EG cluster? I need one so I can swap my MPH speedo in it to ship, can't use the JDM one because the other gauges are white faced :(

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 19 2005, 09:27 AM
The white EG was mine :) Now the motor and everything is in my teal 95.

You talking about Mike up in K-town? I was supposed to get up there, but clearing is a pain.

You know anyone that has an EG cluster? I need one so I can swap my MPH speedo in it to ship, can't use the JDM one because the other gauges are white faced :(
[post=542340]Quoted post[/post]​

mike has a couple of those!! so I met you at hockenheim right?? recaro tuning days ?? you went on the track right?? I'm the one with the red celica GT

Originally posted by FloWIn+Aug 21 2005, 12:50 PM-->
@Aug 19 2005, 01:25 PM
Yip haha what's up y0!!!

Yea I need one of those.
[post=542487]Quoted post[/post]​

I found a us-spec over here I will talk him down on the price a lil bit but that one would work right!? it's a 1.5 with AC <---wich I don't need over here hahaha
let me know...
http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index/detai...&id=zdbkdiwtobt
[post=543061]Quoted post[/post]​

PMed

Wow... I checked out their site (www.kutsujuracing.com) and they have a rule. You have to have 17" rims or bigger, unless you run a 15.5, you can run 16". If you run a 14.5, you can run 15" rims... wow. :huh:

Back