Need input on possible new build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

Came into alittle bit of money and i was thinking about with a 2.0l block. It wouldnt be a super og build up or anything like that. More along the lines of a stock b16 head w/ a stock b20 bottom end.

Just curious as to you guys that have done the swap, what should I expect from that build? And what would you say i would be safe to rev it to.

In case it matters its going into a 90/teg obd0 with a 1st gen b16 I/H/E

Thanks
Brandon

Stock parts make stock power. If you're gonna go stock, and plan on keeping it totally stock, just buy a GSR. Or shit, an ITR even. I wouldn't do a frankenstein with the intention of keeping it stock.

100% stock internals, I wouldn't expect much more power than a GSR. Same thing with the rev limit...

Stock parts make stock power.

go to honda-tech... Search for omnimans b20/vtec build.. He has a gsr crank, stock b20 rods i believe and stock b20 pistons at like a 10:1 CR and is making 240whp :worthy: ... tell me is gonna make stock power... I think he just did head work on it...

Originally posted by 99SiRidinLow@Dec 30 2004, 09:29 AM
go to honda-tech... Search for omnimans b20/vtec build.. He has a gsr crank, stock b20 rods i believe and stock b20 pistons at like a 10:1 CR and is making 240whp :worthy: ... tell me is gonna make stock power... I think he just did head work on it...
[post=439068]Quoted post[/post]​

10:1 compression and 240whp? All motor? I call bs.

what ever man I saw the dynos my self on honda-tech... I know he has cams in it.. I don't know what else.. I just can't find the freaking post...
[Edit]Here it is page 2.... :D I suggest reading the whole thread you'll find out what his build is[/Edit]

I dont think you'd be able to run stock B20 pistons witha VTEC head for too long... Honda Tuning did it and ended up fucking the engine up. the valve relefs on the B20 pistons simply wasnt enough for VTEC.

Great info guys. So i guess my next question would be, if i were to do a mild b20 build what would i have to do.

Thanks

i would not use the b20...you will have to get aftermarket pistons= too much $$$$ for me... i would get a b18 block with stock internals with the b16 head and run some juice or turbo..... thats what my current setup is but i rebuilt the entire bottom end with OEM/ARP parts

good luck

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 30 2004, 07:56 AM
I'm not seeing where it says he has stock pistons.
[post=439093]Quoted post[/post]​

hey guys, I know for a fact that omni is running BC4 cams and has been since about Aprilish... recently he pulled his head and refreshed the valvetrain, had the AEBS intake manifold extrude honed. his motor is only pushing about 11.2:1 cr or something like that... and yes, I have seen a dyno he sent me about a month ago. I dont want to go posting about this and leaving you hanging, just wanted to tell you to contact steve. his motor is making reliable, insane power on 91 and he drives it every day, it has lots of miles too over 50K with the CRV pistons the last dyno I saw was from C.A.T.'s dyno and it was about to touch 260/and was over 170tq. for all purposes here, we know thats a motor that can touch 250 on a dynojet... hes only revving it to 8500... the plot that I saw kept making HP on the graph too. and yes, he is very conservative amid the power extracted. steve and I should be getting together soon to do some more stuff. I am very interested in his build and the future of B series buildups
reading > you.... maybe he is running a 11:1 compresson but still thats awsome results for his build.

Back