need some insight... about catch cans.... `

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

ever since i put my lsvtak together i've had issues with smoking...

well i finally tracked down the problem. turns out it was a line i was using for my catch can that was leaking oil onto the exhuast manifold making me smoke under acceleration, in vtec and only when warmed up.

so, now i've devissed a new better catch can breather system... but need some info/insight on if its good nuff...

basically i will be venting via the valve cover as well as two nipples on the back of the block.

I want to know if i should just freely drain into the oil pan or should i have a valve in the way of the drain?

see diagram.

Attachments

• catchcans.jpg
    catchcans.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 166
why are u going to tap the oil pan for catch cans? are u that strapped for money u cant just buy an xtra quart?

well most catch cans, like the one i have ( greddy ) just holds the oil inside of the can. . .and if it were to get full or even remotly full. . . all you had to do was empty it out.

your diagram has you tapping the oil pan to return the oil back into the oil system. . . that seems like alot of trouble for something as simple as buying an extra quart of oil to add when it gets a lil low. . . might just be me, but adding oil is alot easier than taking off the oil pan and tapping it for a return line. just my .02

but other than that., your catch can system is no different than anyother 2 can system. . . one off the nipple on the valve cover and the other off the pcv valve. . . except like i said u added the return line, which puzzles me

Back