1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need spring suggestions

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by lude9593, Jan 20, 2005.

Which springs should i go with? list any other suggestions.

1. Eibach Pro-Kit

100.0%
  2. Eibach Sportline

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neuspeed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. H&R

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

I have been leaning towards the eibach sportlines coupled with kyb agx adjustables but after reading some reviews about them i'm having second thoughts. people have complained that they are too stiff and don't lower the car enough, etc. i'm sure many of you have experience with some of these springs so give me some suggestions. thanks

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

How low do you want to go, and what kind of ride do you want? Nobody can give you a spring recommendation until you say what you're looking for.

3. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

4. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

sorry, i'm wanting something for the street but also gives the best performance possible without going to a full out autocross setup. right now, my car's dropped 1.5" and i like the drop in the back but i want it a little lower in the front. that's why i was leaning towards sportlines. (1.7 "f) just don't something too extreme and harsh, but offers kickass performance.

5. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

I voted for the Prokit, they're what you described, but if I were you, I'd look into Tanabe GF210 springs. The orange ones, not the pink ones. They offer a decent ride and are very good for performance.

6. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

I have the gf210's and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love them alot....i have driven a acura with neuspeed's(cant remember which one, it lower his car 1.7) and wasn't impressed that much. i'd say go for the tanabe gf210's

7. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

i have the sportlines and kyb agx's in my 92 hatch, i love it!!!, its almost a two inch drop, and the agx's really help the ride quality, i like th fact that it ride like stock on the softest setting, and rides like a tank of the hardest, with crappy tires i can take a 10mph turn doing about 40mph, throw on some anti-sway bars, and ur set. IMO i enjoy the ride, i use it as my daily commuter, and as my weekend racer, i've been in so many lowered cars, belive me, you'll like it alot better, good luck

8. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

I don't think the Eibachs will lower your acr to the heighth you want so I am going to go with the H&R but they are going to be stiff.

9. smooth_criminal

smooth_criminal Senior Member

Personaly i have a set of sportsline springs and a set of KYB GR-2 shocks and the ride is great. Drop the car about 1.9" all around. Nice stiff ride but still has enough give to make it a comfertable ride.

10. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

thanks for the responses. i'll research some more on those tanabes and make a decision

11. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

ps...earlier this week i bought an exedy stage 1 (organic) clutch and fidanza lightweight flywheel on ebay. can't wait to get it in, since my stocker is starting to fade on me

12. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

I have the agx's with neuspeed sport springs no complaints here

13. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

:werd:

Running the exact same setup on my car. Couldn't ask for more. Very nice ride on the springs, but when I adjust the struts to max stiffness and take the back roads, I get next to no roll. Plus, the Sports are about $100 cheaper than Eibachs. And the lowering is 1.75" F 1.5" R. Just what you're looking for.

14. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

sportlines with agx's, love it.

15. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

aight, final opinion here. i've been wanting the eibach sportlines of course but i've come across an auction that has some h&r race springs for my car and the bid is at 100 bucks.
    here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

i was thinking this would be a good deal and save me some money even though i've heard these springs are a little too stiff although very good. however, i'm willing to save the money and suck it up and deal with the ride.

16. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

yeah it looks okay, you will be sacrificing the ride, but if your okay with it, go for it. then again, i know by spending the extra money, i know what i'm getting and i know down the road it will be worth it. i love my sportlines and kyb's, not one problem. great ride and good performance when i want it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted