Need to decide on what to toss into the Rex.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dont do a awd conversion waste of time its not going to be like a evo or a sti u will break the whole rear end out of it lol and do wat u want not wat ppl tell u to do but do loose the body kit it makes the ppl that drive hondas look bad cause everyone thinks of the gay hondas with a kit and a big a$$ wing lol

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with this vehicle other than the body kit comment. Why is AWD even being discussed? I'm not a fan of kits, but the Mugen wide body replica is going to look very sick.

Loose the body kit?

Uhmm... wheels 16x11, 245/45/16, Houseman Autosports full race kit, near mint 87 CRX with full suspension, rare parts from Japan, bank account that can afford something in the B18C5 range...shooting for GT-4 performance, DD, show car, and autocross whore. But I don't want to spend that much,(unless I have too), since the body kit installation, the motor swap, and paint I'll have a shop do...as soon as I can locate one that does great work....I'm tired of wrenching, I'm just going to toss a shop the car, parts, and money and have something sweet in the driveway a month later.

The body kit is worth about $2400....not something that some kid tosses on to rice out a car with a huge wing. Hell the wheels are worth more than some used Honda's.

Widebody CRX

I do agree, I'm not looking for AWD or RWD, I'll stick to FWD for this car....I got the red Z for the RWD habit. It will also have the same paint, Work's over fenders, wheels that cost more than most used Datsuns, and I'm also going to have about 400+hp in it for drifting/show/week-end cruising...etc.... which I'm going to pay another shop to do...

I'll have about $3000 from the contract signing bonus next year, 3 weeks of pay for vacation, another week of pay for sick time, $7000 from the income tax return, money from the brown Z when it sell, and money from a lot of other parts and wheels when they sell...so thats about $20,000 to play with...$5000 for the CRX, $5000 for the Z, $5000 for the trip to Japan, and $5000 for some other toys....like a boat/camper/RV/truck....

A6/Z6 block, maybe bore it out a little
B7 pistons
p&p Y7 head w/dual valve springs (Y7 head has cooler valve cover imo)
better cam
MSD box
crotch rocket carbs w/ velocity stacks
Bisi header

high compression, higher RPM when you want it, minimal wires/clutter underhood,
should sound like a deep bass hayabusa with the right exhaust.

their 12 valve engine was at around 180, so you should be 185/190 with the extra displacemnt and four more valves.

Ya know this will cost money but it would destroy all. B20b block with B16a head, supercharged, with the AWD diff so your car will be all wheel drive. Get it built up and the light car will be GONE. will need body work but can be done.

Yeah, that will bolt right up, right?

I guess it's time to drag my ass out of the D15A3 era, it's the only honda motor I'm into....so all these other blocks and heads are like completely new to me. Time to do a lot of research...:D

I guess it's time to drag my ass out of the D15A3 era, it's the only honda motor I'm into....so all these other blocks and heads are like completely new to me. Time to do a lot of research...:D

Just buy my set-up off me :D

Trust me you'll be happy!

Ok brutalB83 here is what I got out of the first thing. something that will cost some money. I know none of it will bolt right up and body work is needed in the rear for the diff and on the bottom for the drive shaft. he said he had money so that is where I ran off to on that topic. He said he wants to keep it front wheel drive after that so I say K20 with the others on page one.
sorry to throw you off and get carried away like that.

Id go B18 with the B16 heads. fully work everything and if its planned on being a daily driver supercharge rather than turbo, but turbo if you dont mind the lag and are looking for a little more speed (and stress on the engine, dont forget). The supercharger should also do a little better on gas.

I bought some mounts for a B swap, they don't look right, so I guess I'll get these.

Innovative Mounts, JDM Motor Swaps, Honda Performance, SwapShopRacing

prolly around $330 shipped.

I'll prolly snag George7777's civic with the B20 swap installed, and swap everything over... so that will run me about $2500ish...

while I have the engine out, might as well sleeve it and rebuild it a little...so I'll toss another $1500ish at it.

snag some boost toys for it...$1500ish.

Maybe find a decent LSD...$700

Get a cage built for it...$1000-1500

Body kit install and paint...$1000ish.

$9000ish.... Where's my DAMN W-2 so I can file for my taxes!!! :mad:

Sell the Civic shell for what I can get for it...
sell the Civic B mounts...
sell the B mounts that don't look right...

Back