need torque specs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

im installing new piston rings and i have the haynes manual and i cant ind the torque specs for the piston cap bolts that go around the crankshaft. Closet thing i found but nt sure was it saying Driveplate-to-crankshaft bolts at 54ft-lbs. Is that it? I want to finish this today so if any one can let me know what to torque it to or if that is what it is I would greatly appreciate it. Engiine is a d15b7 or d16z6, specs are the same. Would it hurt it if I just tightened as hard as possible? I know the bearing are on it though. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it would hurt to tighten them as hard as possible. You wouldn't be driving long. I beleive that it is 60 ft/lbs, but that is from memory. It is in your haynes manual, either under connecting rods caps or along those lines, its in the engine overhaul area somewhere.

I think the rod caps bolts for a B18A are supposed to be tightened to 23 ft/lbs. (if I remember correctly) I know it's a different motor, but 40 ft/lbs is a big difference.

Am I remembering correctly?

I smoke way too much weed...

Back