need tranny help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phippsc

i am swaping d series motors and i need help getting the tranny off the old motor. does it just pull apart or what cuz i cant get it off. i need help fast. i have 18 days of school left and need it done before that. help!!!!

keep in mine there are bolts on both sides of the trans holding it on, and naa it should come right off

yea i got them all...me and 3 other people have looked it over multiple times and we cant see any more to take off. ill have to just tug on it i guess

did you take the starter off? one of the starter bolts goes thru the transmission into the back of the block

yep...take out that starter and if it still doesnt come off then you forgot a bolt maybe on the bottom of the trans next to the shift linkage...happened to me before. that one lil 17mm was holdin er on

there is a snap ring twist and pull the tans. i had the same problem with mine its a bitch to take off. just remember to twist and pull.

you could put a crow bar inbetween the motor and trans and get it started then as i said. now if you not going use either of the parts just pry it off.

yea i plan to reuse the tranny with my other motor so i dont wanna mess it up. i have it at school and cant do anything with it until monday but i will try it first thing monday morning and let you guys know how it goes. u guys are great!!

Back