Need wireless help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

So I want the new apartment to be set up with wireless, except I know absolutely nothing about it

I have a wireless card in my laptop, and that's all I know- I'll need a card for the other laptop, as well as a router? and anything else?

Can you guys recommend shit, tell me what i need etc?

Yeah, wireless card for the other lappy, and a wireless router.

Once it's all plugged in, just follow the instructions.

It should be.

Plug in Wireless Router > boot lappy with wireless card > configure router to connect to broadband service > install card in other lappy.

If you're dumb and need help, let me know. I did this just the other day for a client.

As far as recomending a router i would go with Linksys if you have the money. I would also get a router that 802.11g because that is backwards compatable with 802.11a wireless cards. Good luck.

also keep in mind if you have a 2.4Ghz wireless phone keep the base station away from the wireless router, a buddy of mine was having all sorts of issues and the 2.4Ghz phone was the culprit

:werd:

thanks for the help y0

I'm currently shopping for all sorts of crap for the apartment and having a blast

surround sound shit, wireless shit, a new grill :)

Back